Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:01:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Self Inflicted Pain  (Read 1150 times)
chuckd

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:45:30 AM »

So took my Prevost out for a short jaunt to check things out before we head out for the holiday weekend.  Noticed as I was driving the country side that the temperature gauge was reading higher than normal for the weather, about 195 degrees F.  Hmmmm pulled off the road to check things out and the engine partially shut down, with a dash warning of hot water.  Darnit, took my toad and went up the road for water, added some hard to know how much, as I had left my funnel in the garage.  But around 4 gallons.  Got the bus home in fine shape, and went looking for the over heat issue, not water in the oil, no water dripping, looked into the radiator grill and saw something between the oil cooler and radiator.  Hmmm - remember when this winter I wrote about using cardboard thermostats to control heat in the bus, well still had them on the radiator.  dumbdumbdumb.  So removed them from the radiator and the engine cooling issue went away.  I have found the problem, it is me.

Chuckd
Stillwater Mn
35 foot prevost
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:06:30 AM »

Did it get so hot that it was blowing coolant out of the system?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »

195 is hot in summer?
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »

195 is probably a gauge issue, it was just higher than other summer time readings.
Brian - yes.

Chuckd
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:34:30 AM »

I'm sure cliff would have a funny response to this  Grin  so in his absence...I'll try to think like he would.....hmmmmm.....nope...got nuth'in. anyway, glad it was simple.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »

I wish all problems were as simple as this.

Have you noticed how the crazy-hot weather recently is affecting everything and everybody?   It's like a hot version of SAD.   Then I thought Scott's tagline had turned Cyrillic  -  I just had to explain to one of my coworkers why I was looking at my computer upsidedown.

Stop the planet, I want to get off !

Nhoj   

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »

Sometimes getting it too hot doesn't show damage till a little while later.Having to add that much water concerns me. I hope you were lucky this time.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 03:23:23 PM »

A good read, it made me smile.

BCO

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »

The hot weather isn't affecting me because it has been very comfortable the past few days.  Highs in the low 80s and dew points in the 50s mean great outdoor weather.  I spent a lot of time outside this weekend and Monday evening building a food booth for an event.  The dew point is back up above 60 which means it is starting to become uncomfortable outside.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »

I wish all problems were as simple as this.

Have you noticed how the crazy-hot weather recently is affecting everything and everybody?   It's like a hot version of SAD.   Then I thought Scott's tagline had turned Cyrillic  -  I just had to explain to one of my coworkers why I was looking at my computer upsidedown.

Stop the planet, I want to get off !

Nhoj   

sorry john. it's been cold here in Michigan. yesterday we were bundled up in hoodies picking cherries. something's wrong with that.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: