Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 10:24:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantastic Trip  (Read 465 times)
wagwar

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »

We just got home from an absolutely fantastic trip out east and points north of our border and the Virginias. The MightyBus ran like a champ without a single hiccup! A month on the road included reuniting with dear old friends, making new ones, antique car shows, camping, urban boon docking and sightseeing. You are all welcome to catch up with our travels at the blog: www.mightybus.wordpress.com

We had a little scare today when we were just 50 miles from home. We'd been running close to 70 mph (a little faster than our usual) and had'nt checkd the temp gauge for a while when suddenly the low oil and hot engine lights came on with the warning buzzer! We got off the throttle and immediately pulled over and flipped on the fast idle and the temp started coming down quickly. The lights and buzzer went off too. I checked the oil and trans fluid and coolant levels and they were all ok. it was about 80 degrees out. I've noticed that since we got our throttle issues corrected, I can't just run 'pedal to the metal' anymore. I have to keep my foot out of it slightly or the temp starts to climb. Is that normal for an 81 mc9 with 6v92t and Allison ht 740?

Thanks in advance!

Wendy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 04:17:21 PM »

Jim was nice enough to not mention that I had just started driving and was trying to run with the big dogs when the temperature went up. I eyeballed it constantly after that and all went fine and stayed cool.
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 05:11:48 PM »

Wendy/lead foot! Take care!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: