Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:41:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone heard from Sean (Odyssey)  (Read 851 times)
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2013, 05:01:13 PM »

Their boat adventures sound like they are in full swing. Miss seeing him post around here: http://ourodyssey.blogspot.com/

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Kitt

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:21:45 PM »

I've learned a lot of hints and tips from both his blog and postings on various forums. He seems crazy busy with projects and a few unexpected new owner issues. Looking forward to reading more from Sean when his project list gets smaller and he gets underway again.

1977 Eagle model 05
8v71, Allison HT740D
Ralph7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »

Check out his blog- go to Hitchitch.com and click on    RV travel  adventures and journals------ scroll down the left side and his boat picture and blog     Odyssy in bold print.
    It takes a little reading...
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »

Sean is still posting to their blog as they have time... they are up to their neck in boat projects for a couple more weeks.  But we have spoken with him a few times recently, and they seem lacking in good restaurants right now at their current location Smiley

- Cherie

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »

They're getting a fast introduction to boating.  Those of you who think buses are money pits have no idea.  BOAT is actually an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand and he's spending boat units by the bucketful these days.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »

That man is a machine.  Unbelievable how much focused energy he has.

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 04:32:57 AM »

I am alive and well.  Thanks, everyone, for asking.

I've been absent from the bus boards for a few months, because the new boat has been taking up too much time.  What I learned a long time ago is that there is no such thing as a "quick check of the bus boards" -- inevitably there will be a thread or two where I have something to contribute, and I can easily spend 20 minutes or more on a single technical post.  I had to stop writing for the magazine for the same reason.

I do tend to pop over here from time to time, typically when a post here is sending traffic to our web site, or when someone emails me directly.  For instance, when Chris and Cherie of Technomadia broke down a couple of weeks ago, they reached out to me directly, and I came here to read the related threads.

We do still have our bus, and, in fact, we are living in it right now while major work is ongoing aboard the boat.  Even though the boat has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, not a single bed or plumbing fixture works at the moment.  We're hoping to have things back together far enough in a couple of weeks to start moving back on board.

We did finally line up some covered storage for the bus, not far from where we are currently parked, for the day when we cast off the lines and head out onto the water.  I'd rather sell the bus to someone who will make good use of it than store it long-term, but realistically I don't think I can get a serious offer.  Keeping it in storage will at least provide us with a somewhat convenient stateside home once we start cruising offshore.

Once the boat projects settle down to a more manageable pace, I hope to get back to checking in here more regularly, and perhaps even resume writing some technical articles for the magazine.  Until then, you can always find me at our blog.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 07:17:19 AM »

After reading your blog, I could tell you guys were busy...just wanted to know if anyone had heard from you...thanks for taking a moment to pop in and say "hi" Smiley

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: