Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 24, 2014, 02:22:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mci, Eagle, Prevost...VanHool?  (Read 1691 times)
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 05:35:30 AM »

I strongly considered a VanHoul when I was looking.  I really liked the look.  What turned me away was the drop isle.  If you fill in the isle there wouldn't be six feet of headroom (5'-10" if memory serves).  I considered lowering the floor.  At first it seemed within my ability to fabricate but the reality is lowering creates many additional problems. Then I considered raising the roof, but they're already rather tall and not built the same as MCI and the others (front and rear cap would have been fabricated by home engineering).
 So, as much as I drooled over the look and bay space I walked away from the idea.
I love the simplicity of my MCI 102A3
Easy to work with, find parts, fabricate, drive, and lots of help on the boards.

My $0.02

Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: