Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 06:50:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marker Clearance lights  (Read 468 times)
Tikvah

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »

Some confusion
Are Marker lights and clearance lights the same?

My MC-9 book says stud 15 16 front, but the electrical door sticker says those studs are reading lights.  15 16 have a plate connecting them together.

The book also says stud 3 in the rear.  Where do they divide?
 Are some fed from the rear and some from the front?

My rear clearance are still hooked up, but I've removed all the other wire and its time to rewire.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »

Yes they are the same. The middle and front are feed from the from front box. Then rear are feed separate from the front.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »

The three lamps in the center front & rear are often referred to as "Michigan Markers."

The lamps on the upper corners of the chassis are usually known as clearance lamps.

90% of folk use the terms interchangeably. 

Your choice.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 05:18:17 AM »

The three lamps in the center front & rear are often referred to as "Michigan Markers."

Is it common to have five of the "Michigan Markers" front and rear?  I also have side clearance lights at the front and rear too so I have seven lights on the front top and back top of the bus.  My "Michigan Markers" are Grote lights commonly used on school buses.  I have replaced most of them with new Grote LED lights as the originals are all corroded inside.

(I did find that one of my LED side clearance lights barely lights up even though it is fed by the same wire as one of the "Michigan Markers".  Another thing to fix.)

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 06:16:26 AM »

(I did find that one of my LED side clearance lights barely lights up even though it is fed by the same wire as one of the "Michigan Markers".  Another thing to fix.)

Check your ground connection for that light.

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 06:52:56 AM »

Check your ground connection for that light.

The ground is hardwired to the same ground as the other marker light on the circuit.  It is not grounded through metal contact.  It is something I will check.  I'll probably pull the light off and see if it works directly off a 12 volt battery.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: