Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 12:06:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tow Bar issue  (Read 505 times)
chuckd

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »

You know one day chicken the next day feathers.  On the way back to the garage, the tow bar stopped locking in place - one of the legs.  I have an aluminator tow bar by demco.  One of the arms moves in and out very freely, can hear a bit of a catch when fully extended.  No info on their web site.  Any thoughts?

Chuckd
Stillwater Mn
Shorty Prevostup
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:55:33 PM »

I dunno from Demco but on my Jurassic model BlueOx arms I have to lube the crap out of them regularly.  And by "regularly" I mean every other trip.  The bus has sat all winter now while we are on the boat - next week when I fire it up I'll have to flush the rust out of the arms in order to have any hope of them working. PBlaster and white grease - lots of 'em.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 06:46:22 PM »

Good call Bob, little spray here and there, and a little dab over there, and good to go.

Thanks
Chuckd
Stillwater Mn
Prevost 1979
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: