Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:21:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday Project! New mirrors make a big difference when driving!  (Read 466 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2013, 07:16:01 PM »

So, I replaced my OEM mirrors on the bus over the holiday weekend. Took some pictures to share with the group. Took the bus out for a walk today and was amazed at the difference between the OEM set up and these new mirrors. Got the entire set up for about $350.00 plus my time to install. Will reinstall the "customized" trim in the coming days.

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:27:26 PM »

Sharp looking mirrors and they look allot bigger than the ones you had before.

May I ask, where did you get these from, Velvac?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:53:52 PM by LowTide » Logged

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »

Grant your bus is really coming along nice. Those mirrors are sweet. Grin

Dave5Cs

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 08:03:32 PM »

Very nice, but from seeing the reflections in the pictures I was wondering whether you mounted them backwards.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 08:05:58 PM »

I replaced my passenger side mirror with something better and it made a world of difference.  I used a black mirror intended for a school bus so it looks a little industrial, but it works.  Not as nice and shiny as yours.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »

Thanks for the comments. I was able to find the mirrors on craigslist and had to get the mounts re-plated in Nevada. Total out of pocket at this point is about $350.00.  Since the mirrors heads are identical, the extension arms are the exact same length and the bases are not marked and can only go on one side with the base mount facing up I think I got it correct. Some Velvac systems have different lengths for passenger and driver. So, I really like the three mirrors with independent movement and all heated.  Next is get the daughter to sew me some covers as Velvac is pretty proud of their covers!

Thanks again!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: