Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 07:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RV crashworthiness and fire safety issues.  (Read 1048 times)
MtLaw

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »

Hello all,

I recently published a blog about RV safety both in terms of crashworthiness and fire safety.  The first section is at http://www.grizzlylaw.com/rv-safety-and-dangers/.  I would appreciate your feedback.

Lee Henning
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 06:35:34 PM »

Man oh man a attorney wanting feed back from a bus board of home converters  lmao

Life is short drink the good wine first
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »

Man oh man a attorney wanting feed back from a bus board of home converters  lmao

I liked this quote:  "As we were traveling through the great wasteland of northern Nevada," doesn't seem to be too keen on the Silver State eh?  But of course, his being from Montana and all.

Looks like he has a Prevo ...

BCO

MtLaw

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:55:41 PM »

In general the Silver State is great, but you gotta admit there really are some really big great nothings in places there. Smiley
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »

I'm not sure what sticks and staples have to do with BUS converted motorhomes but this is a lawyer looling for information.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »

^ I agree with Geoff

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
siberyd

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »

Mtlaw,

What kind if info are you looking for? I have about 20 years of accident investigation involving buses.
I have done about 25 involving motorhomes. Worst case for RV was a dumpsyer for the body and tow truck for chassis.

Siberyd

1964 White/Carpenter 35' RE 3208 Husky Camp
1957 PD 4104-2240 Converted Siberyd

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg498/26R13/
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »

He is just trying to drum up traffic for his website. Sticks and staples. Wrong place to be.

Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III

MtLaw

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 03:44:17 PM »

Siberyd,

You obviously know more about bus accidents than I do with your extensive work in accident investigation.  Did you come at it from a law enforcement background, engineering, etc?

and others,

BTW I certainly realize much of the information is not as applicable to buses as it is to "sticks and staples", but I thought some of you might find it interesting, if nothing else in feeling superior.  Furthermore, the fire safety issues can apply just as much in some bus conversions and egress is a critical factor that some do not consider.

Lee
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 06:26:43 AM »

In general the Silver State is great, but you gotta admit there really are some really big great nothings in places there. Smiley

Nevada, Utah, and even parts of Oregon fit the bill.  Idaho has a spot where they train astronauts because the terrain resembles the face of the moon.

It's all good.  Just depends on how you look at it I suppose.

BCO

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: