Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 04:42:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speedo sender on 85 Prevost  (Read 275 times)
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2013, 06:50:28 AM »

Where is it?  Looking in the rear panel there is a wire connected to the speedometer lug.  Same for the front panel.  That indicates to me the sender is located in the rear possibly on the tranny?  However a bus "expert" told me the sender is on the left front wheel and operates similar to a bicycle speed pickup (magnetic).

OK, that makes sense because another bus expert replaced all brake drums and the speedometer has not worked since.  Indicating to me that the mag pickup is either off kilter or left off altogether.

My next move is to run it up on front ramps then search around the left front brake drum.

Any guidance?  By the way, I do have all the maintenance manuals (huge books) and there is no help in there reference the speedo sensor.

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: