Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 09:23:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tow Bar issue  (Read 417 times)
chuckd

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »

You know one day chicken the next day feathers.  On the way back to the garage, the tow bar stopped locking in place - one of the legs.  I have an aluminator tow bar by demco.  One of the arms moves in and out very freely, can hear a bit of a catch when fully extended.  No info on their web site.  Any thoughts?

Chuckd
Stillwater Mn
Shorty Prevostup
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:55:33 PM »

I dunno from Demco but on my Jurassic model BlueOx arms I have to lube the crap out of them regularly.  And by "regularly" I mean every other trip.  The bus has sat all winter now while we are on the boat - next week when I fire it up I'll have to flush the rust out of the arms in order to have any hope of them working. PBlaster and white grease - lots of 'em.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 06:46:22 PM »

Good call Bob, little spray here and there, and a little dab over there, and good to go.

Thanks
Chuckd
Stillwater Mn
Prevost 1979
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: