Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 02:30:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus build off  (Read 1857 times)
Seayfam

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2013, 11:13:57 AM »

There is going to be a bus build off on HGTV Star tomorrow Smiley
It should be an interesting show

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
siberyd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »

Thanks for the info, DVR set to record.

Siberyd

1964 White/Carpenter 35' RE 3208 Husky Camp
1957 PD 4104-2240 Converted Siberyd

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg498/26R13/
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 06:27:46 AM »

Info from Cox says "Transforming old school buses into new spaces and presenting them on " The Talk"
  On at 8pm. PST

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:06:19 AM »

Remember this is a 'design' show; nothing has to function, no bus systems to accommodate. Just another space for them to decorate. 
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 12:13:15 PM »

It still should be a great show. It should give us some great ideas on how to make small spaces work. I believe this is the show that they were wanting pictures of our buses a few months back for tv. I'm thinking they were wanting pictures of other conversions to give the teams an idea what other people have done.

I've got my DVR set to record it also.

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 12:47:51 PM »

So do we
Dave5Cs

Dave5Cs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »

Ok Lee hit the nail on the head. What a joke that was. They basically could have done it in a warehouse 40 X 8 foot and placed used furniture around the edges. The gal that said she had designed up scale coaches for a living at one time was the worse and got sent home.

Dave5Cs

technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »

We've not seen the show (don't have TV), but we've had some friends tell us this evening they saw interior pics of our Zephyr flash up during the show. Cool!

- Cherie

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
Dave5Cs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 09:19:35 PM »

Chris and Cheri yep we saw them too but it was so fast we had to go back and see and sure enough it was a long shot from the front where it shows your work stations and kitchen. and then they started designing the skooies but nothing functional actually working just a lot of fancy cloth and chairs?Huh

Dave5Cs
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:21:28 PM by Dave5Cs » Logged

Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 01:02:27 AM »

There was a TV series here last year called "Amazing Spaces" about people converting all sorts of small things for living / camping in. One episode did feature an old bus, but it wasn't 'my' kind of conversion at all so I didn't pay much attention. But there were some neat tricks and ideas featured in the various other things they converted (beach huts, horse-drawn caravans, shipping containers etc)

You can watch all the episodes at the original broadcaster's site here:
http://scrapbook.channel4.com/programmes/george-clarkes-amazing-spaces]
[url]http://scrapbook.channel4.com/programmes/george-clarkes-amazing-spaces
[/url]

Or I expect you could find them on Youtube

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 06:30:51 AM »

You people need to get more than one channel on your tv's. Roll Eyes

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 02:54:41 PM »

We at BCM want to thank all of you who participated in sending in information for the School Bus makeover show.  I was invited to attend the taping of the show in the Los Angeles area and it was quite amazing to see how they shoot these shows.  They are continually filming from all angles, some attached to the top of ladders, and some carried by cameramen.  There is a trailer where all of the cameras are monitored by a group of people.  I spent quite a bit of time in the trailer watching what was going on several monitors inside and outside of all of the buses.  They also communicate with the cameramen by headsets to tell them what to shoot or to change their angle or to turn around as someone is coming in the bus.  Every now and then, all of the support folks (and me), had to hide behind the supply trucks when they took shots of the Announcer walking into the set or when they scanned certain areas.  I watched the show on TV the other night but also was a bit disappointed with all of the extra fluff they added.  But it is worth watching if you have some free time.  You can watch the show at the following URL.  It is an hour long show, but if you fast forward through some of the non-bus related shots like the interview on The View TV show you can see all of the bus conversion information in less than 30 minutes.

Here is the URL
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv-star/school-bus-makeovers/index.html
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »

Some of those interiors confirm what I've been thinking of doing anyway  -  plain white ceiling with diffuse lighting reflecting off it, and as much white or light colors elsewhere as possible without it looking too sterile.   Any wood will be an absolute minimum, with an open airy look and clean continuous sightlines throughout.   I have less interior space than most buses here, so it's imperative to make it look as big as possible.   Large bulky furniture is out of the question:  no overstuffed sofas for me!   My vision is Bauhaus meets IKEA, with hints of Ryokan  -  a sort of Baltic Zen (ish).

John   

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: