Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 11:48:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appointment made for bus inspeciton  (Read 515 times)
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:15:10 PM »

Well, in lovely Nova Scotia one has to get a vehicle inspection to transfer a license into the province, and every two years thereafter.  While I applaud this on general terms I have to say it's a bloody pain when you have two vehicles, a trailer or two, and a bus to get inspected.  I have an appointment on Monday for the bus, full DOT inspection, and I am going over everything in preparation.  I changed the front brakes due to a failed hub seal, I changed the rear cannisters and all the rear hoses last fall, I have now finally gotten all the lights to work (should last about a week, that is typical for my marker lights).  Met the shop owner today, real nice guy and I may be able to pick up some machining work at some point.  But you know - taking your baby for a doctor's appointment is always stressful...

Once I get this done, new inverter will be on order and I will be taking some trips around here.  Nova Scotia is where a ton of people come for vacation - I can drive 20 miles and have a wonderful vista for a peaceful overnight.  Heck, I can park in my backyard and have a riverside vista for a wonderful overnight, but a little TOO close to home!

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 04:50:18 PM »

Brian, if you want to get away from home, go to a Bluegrass festival in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or PEI.  You will meet the nicest people in the world and some of them are bus nuts!  Here is a picture of our 4104 (far right) with some of our bluegrass friends.  This was at a bluegrass festival in New Brunswick.

Some interesting and very creative rigs.  I don't know if we will ever get back to the Maritimes in our rig anymore, as we are approaching 75 real fast.  It's a long way from California, but we have made the trip in our 4104 and our truck conversion many times.  This October we are taking a cruise from Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale, FL.  Look forward to seeing the Maritimes once more.

Good luck on your inspection.  I'm sure with your background in race cars you'll pass with flying colors.  My first car was a 1948 MG-TC with a Marshall Nordic roots blower.  A real screamer for 1500 cc.

GaryD

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 08:25:55 PM »

When we had our brief moment of insanity and tried being BC residents I had an inspection done in Kelowna.  They did heavy trucks regularly but they had clearly never done a bus, much less one that was an out of province first time RV inspection.  My markers failed miserably - I can't remember what was going on but as I recall I had one whole side plus the front out.  The old guy said "you're gonna fix that right away aren't you?" and of course I nodded "yes".  He checked it off.  When it came time for him to enter everything in the computer I didn't think we'd both survive.  He had to phone ICBC several times and I think the computer thing took longer than the physical inspection.

When we moved back to SK a year later of course I had to go through it all over again but that time everything worked and as I recall there wasn't anything that we needed to do.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 07:00:56 AM »

I used to take the hockey team's MCI D3 for it's twice yearly inspection to a truck shop in Cranbrook, BC. Once a new mechanic was doing it and, as he was checking the lights, he asked me to step on the brakes. He says no brake lights. What the ...? Are you sure? Yep. Then it dawned on me that the parking brake was on, and that keeps the brake lights on all the time. He thought they were tail lights. Had I not been there with him, he would have written it up as no brake lights. After that, I would tell them ahead of time.
JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: