Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 05:03:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: Need adhesive suggestion to hold spade connector on (fixed)  (Read 1961 times)
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 09:39:57 AM »

Brian,  do you know which "make" of generator head you have on your Powertech?   Marathon or ??

Hope your trip gets better..   Check those trailer tires!  Cheers
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »

FWIW I turned on adblocker that is in Firefox a couple of years ago, I never see ads.  I sometimes click on them by accident, but I don't see them...

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »

The simple solution is mil-spec connectors such as those offered by Thomas and Betts etc.  You can not get quality connectors at the local junk store.  Regards John L
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »

Brian,  do you know which "make" of generator head you have on your Powertech?   Marathon or ??

Hope your trip gets better..   Check those trailer tires!  Cheers

Marathon, but made in China.  Part of the problem is the replacement brush assemblies I got from Powertech are not quite the same as the originals.  I had asked a local motor repair shop about ordering a brush assembly and he said they are obsolete.

We have tire pressure monitors on all tires and have been checking the trailer hubs for temp at every stop.  We just had a tire scare going across the salt flats.  One of the tires on the drive alarmed, but pressure and temp on the tire and the hub and drum checked out.  By the time we finished checking the alarm had quit.

No problems so far with anything else besides the generator.  I would much rather have generator issues than the bus break down.  We have a backup gas generator we can use when we get to the event.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »

I found a GREAT solution to the popup ads. I just don"t read them.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »

I found a GREAT solution to the popup ads. I just don"t read them.

Well this is all news to me. I've never seen a popup ad on this site. Must be Chrome working overtime for me. Gotta love it if you all are getting ad-spammed.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 12:59:59 AM »

There aren't any pop-up ads on this site

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »

The generator has now been running 18 to 24 hours a day since we fixed it the second time last Wednesday.  A call to Powertech about their crappy parts is on my to-do list tomorrow.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: