Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 03:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Trip but not as far as TomC's  (Read 493 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2013, 08:39:39 AM »

We left Joshua Tree yesterday and spent the night near Lake Isabella. The plain was to try rafting if there was any water left.  There isn't much so maybe we will do a little kayak run.  Something is better than nothing (sometimes).  From here we will go up to McGill Campground in the Los Padres National Forest for a couple of days, and then stay at some beaches going up the coast to Santa Cruz.  After that, we will just head straight home.  If anyone has some overlapping destinations, let us know.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »

Hi Lin, we stayed at a pretty little park in Carmel valley, there are 2 parks there, on the side of a mountain, called Saddle Mt, very nice, wild animals, fog, mist in the air, and you go over a one lane bridge to get there, in a residential neighborhood, good food abounds, saw deer, wild turkey, bobcats and that was just in the park! Nearby montery aquarium, had a great time, lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:03:35 AM »

Where did you stay in Joshua Tree? Do you have a 40ft'r? I have a hard time trying to find a campground that allows 40ft'r's in Joshua Tree. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »

Tom,

I live in Joshua Tree, so that is not a problem for me aside from having a MC5a.  There are a couple of campgrounds in the park that can take a 40 footer though.  The only one on the main road on the Mojave side is Jumbo Rocks.  I think that one or two on the low desert side may take larger RV's too, but I am not sure.  There are two campgrounds that, although in the park, must be accessed from Hwy 62.  I am pretty sure that at least one of those can take a 40 footer.  As far as private campgrounds go,  there is one in Yucca Valley, which is right next to JT, that Ed H. has stayed at a couple of times that would probably work.  Also, I can offer water and a 30 amp connection.  I noticed once on Electric Sean's blog that he has stayed overnight at the visitors center in Yucca Valley also.  All of the Park sites are dry, so not so great for the summer though.  Let me know when you are coming.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 10:56:03 AM »

Tom,

We have been to the Cottonwood Campground twice now. We are 45 ft long, and we can get in there just fine (okay, it is tight, but take it slow, and it works). http://goo.gl/maps/q18hh

When we are up there, I like to go running way back into the hills. Neat country.

Cheers,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: