Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 04:53:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1961 Mercedes Benz Bus O321H on auction  (Read 830 times)
napamikey

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:24:59 AM »

Hey Guys~

I just noticed this.  Pretty cool MB on auctions in Monterey, CA. It must be pretty special as it is touted as "A great paddock vehicle for the Rolex Reunion"

Found some better pics on this site:
http://bringatrailer.com/2013/07/27/swiss-hockey-hauler-1961-mercedes-benz-o321h

Has a great history and was recently brought to US after being sold for $32k in Switzerland about a year ago, now estimated in the 75k range! Maybe I need to be in the bus import business.  Here is the link to the auction, best pic is of the bathroom (porta potty stored under sink):
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20994/lot/139/

Mike

1967 MCI 5a 8v71
San Francisco, CA
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »

I remember that bus being discussed on the board the last time it was sold - someone (who presumably wasn't familiar with the Swiss climate) queried how anyone could do a conversion without installing air conditioning

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »

It looks like an enlarged VW micro-bus camper.  It would have been cool to own in 1961.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 02:18:53 PM »

There's a TV advert running here at the moment that features a fake (computer-generated) Audrey Hepburn and a bus which - from the side at least - looks at lot like that Mercedes:

But from the front it's very different:

Full advert:

Audrey Hepburn Galaxy Chocolate Advert - Right or Wrong ?

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »

It looks like an enlarged VW micro-bus camper.  It would have been cool to own in 1961.   
--Geoff

But if wouldn't have been any faster then.  We're talking about 290 cubic inches or so; that was one of the smaller V-8's offered in the Mustang in 1967.  A hill any bigger than an anthill and you'd need a push!

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: