Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 03:25:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RVIA Show in Louisville. I went!!!!  (Read 1007 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »

Hey folks,
  Yeah, I went to the show in L-ville. Not that I was allowed to, mind you. You had to be "somebody" to get in and even tho it was 60+ degrees outside I put on a pretty "good snow job" to get in!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL Smiley
  I know allot of the members here don't exactly like the RVIA but, I went to get a little more education in this fun hobby! I am really lacking in that dept. You guys have been a "heaven send" but I want to do my part at finding out stuff without always bothering you all.
  I must say, it was a Helluva show!! Only one thing missing.................................. BUSSES!!!!!!!!!!! But, I just went for interior ideas and the latest and greatest cool stuff I can use on my bus. There was plenty of that there!! I'm sure it's stuff most of you are already aware of, but since I am not in a situation of hanging out you guys, this was the next best thing. I must have picked up 20# of catalogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lololol Smiley

For example, I talked to few people about their inverters and when I told them I was looking at the Zantrex 24v unit, THEY even said "none better".

I looked at lighting, water accessories, turd removal  Undecided lol, rear monitors, fixtures, showers, plumbing, generators, and on and on and on..................... Really neat for this rookie to see!!

While I'm thinking about it, where do you all buy your "stuff"? Whether it's anti-freeze or refrigeraters, or whatever??? I'm always interested in places to get the best deals.

Bottom line, it was a neat show and some super sweet set-ups there, and lots of cool toys but, they just don't know how bad they're missing the boat by not having a bus!  Roll Eyes Grin

Take care folks,
     Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:29:20 PM »

Personally, I tried to buy as much as I could from well known sources like Camping World, Home Depot, Etc.  That's also why I changed my tires from 12R-22.5 to 11R-24.5 16 ply that are a bit taller and only a few pounds different in rating, but practically every truck stop will have them-try to find a 12R-22.5!  Main reason-when out and about, can easily repair or replace anything on the bus.  So my theory was to use generic equipment-while I know some will make their own version.  The only thing, what happens when you're on the road with that highly custom piece of equipment when it goes bad?  Usually spend alot of time on the road rebuilding it, rather than just buying the generic part and going on down the road.  Just my way.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 11:34:46 AM »

Thanx Tom, that's good advise.

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Busnut83

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 12:45:57 PM »

Personally, I tried to buy as much as I could from well known sources like Camping World, Home Depot, Etc.  That's also why I changed my tires from 12R-22.5 to 11R-24.5 16 ply that are a bit taller and only a few pounds different in rating, but practically every truck stop will have them-try to find a 12R-22.5!  Main reason-when out and about, can easily repair or replace anything on the bus.  So my theory was to use generic equipment-while I know some will make their own version.  The only thing, what happens when you're on the road with that highly custom piece of equipment when it goes bad?  Usually spend alot of time on the road rebuilding it, rather than just buying the generic part and going on down the road.  Just my way.  Good Luck, TomC

What do you have to change to run 24.5... I have a mci-9 with 12r22.5 that I would like to change,,,with alum wheels Huh
belfert

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 01:21:25 PM »

What do you have to change to run 24.5... I have a mci-9 with 12r22.5 that I would like to change,,,with alum wheels Huh

Talk to Busted Knuckle about aluminum wheels.  He seems to know places to get them cheap. 

I would think you could change to 24.5" wheels without making any changes as long as you get the right style wheels, but I'll let somebody with MCI experience answer for sure.

Broam Elfert
Busnut83

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 03:07:46 AM »

Thanks I heard I may have to change the wheel studs?Huh  Do you or did you?Huh
belfert

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 08:29:01 AM »

Thanks I heard I may have to change the wheel studs?Huh  Do you or did you?Huh

Opps.  Forgot about that.  Yes, you will most likely need to change the wheel studs unless you already have the longer ones.

Brian Elfert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: