Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 02:21:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic contoll engines  (Read 425 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »

I  have DDEC IV---Other than fault codes All I can do is change sensors and wire it correctly to start with.  I feel helpless other than that!  The rest as far as programing etc I will have to rely on someone else.  Does everyone else(computer guys) share the same feelings and limitations???.. I am a parts changer on this one...  not a mechanic! I can provide the input to the computer but that's where my abilities end.     Bob 

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »

Bob,
 I know you're a hands on guy. I think having a hand held DDR or laptop with DDDL would make things easier for you. You can check any codes that show up plus watch the operation of most all the I/Os like cruise control switches, engine fan control, ect. You need it if you want to be something besides a parts changer. But sometimes you still have to take a guess and change the part.

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
dickegler

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »

Hi Bob, glad to see you're coming along with your project.

I have a DDEC 4 installation manual, and troubleshooting manual I would be glad to loan you to keep you on target.  I put a DDEC 2 6V92/ Allison B400 into an Eagle, and could not have done it without the manuals.  Wire by wire is what it takes, along with a lot of studying and patience.

Glad to ship them to you if they will help.  Offer of a prolink DDEC4 still stands if it will help.

Dick

dick egler  atlanta, in  92 prevost/beaver conversion
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »

Thanks;nice hearing from you. Just might take you up on that.  I have the hard Copy for the DDEC IV.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: