Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 01:52:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus conversions in Europe  (Read 1274 times)
waaslandwolf

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2006, 07:21:19 AM »

Gents,

While preparing to convert a bus I have noticed that there is a serious lack of information about European bus conversions. All web sites, boards and books you read deal with MCI's, Eagles, Prevosts, GMC's; but I haven't found very much useful information about European coaches such as Setra, Van Hool, Bova, Berkhof, Neoplan. Also, even though I spend a lot of time on the road for work, I have only ever passed one converted bus on the highway in three years. Are bus conversions not popular in Europe? Would there be a specific reason for this?

Since I am looking for people, associations, web sites, books to get and exchange information about converting European busses, I would like to find out if there are any European bus converters reading this site. Thanks for any replies.

David (Belgium)

H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 07:40:36 AM »

One bit of spculation would be that the high fuel costs thins out the crowd of players.  Many of the convertors in the States are on a very tight budget.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: