Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 03:00:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic contoll engines  (Read 522 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »

I  have DDEC IV---Other than fault codes All I can do is change sensors and wire it correctly to start with.  I feel helpless other than that!  The rest as far as programing etc I will have to rely on someone else.  Does everyone else(computer guys) share the same feelings and limitations???.. I am a parts changer on this one...  not a mechanic! I can provide the input to the computer but that's where my abilities end.     Bob 

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »

Bob,
 I know you're a hands on guy. I think having a hand held DDR or laptop with DDDL would make things easier for you. You can check any codes that show up plus watch the operation of most all the I/Os like cruise control switches, engine fan control, ect. You need it if you want to be something besides a parts changer. But sometimes you still have to take a guess and change the part.

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
dickegler

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »

Hi Bob, glad to see you're coming along with your project.

I have a DDEC 4 installation manual, and troubleshooting manual I would be glad to loan you to keep you on target.  I put a DDEC 2 6V92/ Allison B400 into an Eagle, and could not have done it without the manuals.  Wire by wire is what it takes, along with a lot of studying and patience.

Glad to ship them to you if they will help.  Offer of a prolink DDEC4 still stands if it will help.

Dick

dick egler  atlanta, in  92 prevost/beaver conversion
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »

Thanks;nice hearing from you. Just might take you up on that.  I have the hard Copy for the DDEC IV.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: