Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 07:26:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony Backup System  (Read 930 times)
Sam 4106

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »

We have a Sony Backup System consisting of a Model SSC-520AM CCD Black & White Video camera DC 12V, 1.6W Serial No. 12700 and a Black & White Monitor SSM-621AM. A retired electronics tech checked the system and the monitor and cable are both good. The camera isn't putting out a video signal but the audio works. He tested the monitor and cable by hooking up the video output of a DVD player to the cable at the rear of the bus and the monitor received the picture. So he knows the problem is in the camera. Without a schematic he can't diagnose the problem. Does anyone know where we can get a schematic or a generic camera to get the system working again?

Thanks for any help, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:51:33 PM »

Sam Was trying to find you a Manual on line and ran across this. don't know if it has anything to do with your problem but might give them a call. Maybe they will send you a different one that works? Wink
Dave5Cs

Discontinued..... This cameras has been discontinued by the manufacturer, but we have replacement options..... please see #"SSC530AM-Kit" below or call us to discuss additional options.

Replacement camera for most Sony black/white backup camera systems. It is not compatible with Sony monitor models that end with the letters, "AM" (ex: SSM620AM). It is only compatible with monitor models that end with, "AMR" (ex: SSM721AMR).

Even if your camera's model number exactly matches our camera (SSC530AM), it will not work with monitors that end with "AM". I know that this sounds strange, but trust us -- Sony made different versions of their cameras. Please contact us if you have an "AM" monitor or if you need additional information.

This camera is only compatible with certain Sony b/w systems. It will not work with Sony color systems or with any other make of system.

Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 07:44:14 PM »

Hi Dave,

My wife found the same thing. But I can't see spending $200 on a B/W camera when I can get a new 7" color monitor and camera on line for $195 plus shipping. I would get it repaired pretty cheap for labor if I could find a schematic and then whatever part(s) for my existing camera. I also could get just a camera from the same on line vendor for $85 plus shipping. The camera cables would need to be modified to be compatible with my monitor. I also can get a wireless 7" color system locally, if it would work without interference in our bus for $180 plus tax. No big hurry yet, since we will not be going anywhere until near the end of October.

Thanks for trying to help, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »

Contact Matt (Saddleup) he has the same camera in his Eagle I gave him all the paper work

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: