Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 10:41:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony Backup System  (Read 977 times)
Sam 4106

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »

We have a Sony Backup System consisting of a Model SSC-520AM CCD Black & White Video camera DC 12V, 1.6W Serial No. 12700 and a Black & White Monitor SSM-621AM. A retired electronics tech checked the system and the monitor and cable are both good. The camera isn't putting out a video signal but the audio works. He tested the monitor and cable by hooking up the video output of a DVD player to the cable at the rear of the bus and the monitor received the picture. So he knows the problem is in the camera. Without a schematic he can't diagnose the problem. Does anyone know where we can get a schematic or a generic camera to get the system working again?

Thanks for any help, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:51:33 PM »

Sam Was trying to find you a Manual on line and ran across this. don't know if it has anything to do with your problem but might give them a call. Maybe they will send you a different one that works? Wink
Dave5Cs

Discontinued..... This cameras has been discontinued by the manufacturer, but we have replacement options..... please see #"SSC530AM-Kit" below or call us to discuss additional options.

Replacement camera for most Sony black/white backup camera systems. It is not compatible with Sony monitor models that end with the letters, "AM" (ex: SSM620AM). It is only compatible with monitor models that end with, "AMR" (ex: SSM721AMR).

Even if your camera's model number exactly matches our camera (SSC530AM), it will not work with monitors that end with "AM". I know that this sounds strange, but trust us -- Sony made different versions of their cameras. Please contact us if you have an "AM" monitor or if you need additional information.

This camera is only compatible with certain Sony b/w systems. It will not work with Sony color systems or with any other make of system.

My personal skills are fine.. itís my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 07:44:14 PM »

Hi Dave,

My wife found the same thing. But I can't see spending $200 on a B/W camera when I can get a new 7" color monitor and camera on line for $195 plus shipping. I would get it repaired pretty cheap for labor if I could find a schematic and then whatever part(s) for my existing camera. I also could get just a camera from the same on line vendor for $85 plus shipping. The camera cables would need to be modified to be compatible with my monitor. I also can get a wireless 7" color system locally, if it would work without interference in our bus for $180 plus tax. No big hurry yet, since we will not be going anywhere until near the end of October.

Thanks for trying to help, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »

Contact Matt (Saddleup) he has the same camera in his Eagle I gave him all the paper work

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: