Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 09:50:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Happy Birthday To Paul  (Read 641 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2013, 07:15:30 AM »

Dreamscape is 64 today only 1 more year then he can get Medicare if it's still around

Happy Birthday Paul enjoy the day

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:01:25 AM »

Happy Birthday Paul! May it be a happy one, and may you have many more.

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:12:06 AM »

Happy Birthday Paul. Hope you have a good one !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Cawston, British Columbia
TomsToy
Tom Turner

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

Happy birthday Paul, you're almost there! Smiley

1984 TMC MC-9 6V92T HT740
La Grange, Georgia
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 01:31:19 PM »

Happy Birthday Paul, we hope you have a fantastic day!

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 03:42:08 PM »

Happy, Happy, Happy!   Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »

Happy B-Day Paul

Dave5Cs

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »

Have to be honest about all this, here lately, a great many things “escape me” at the moment.  Another year older and Father Time has called your name.  Life a thief in the night, he marched right in here and stole but another year of your life.

This morning, a friend called and wished me well, and then he started telling me about all these people that he knew who died at my age and the causes of their deaths.  I said, “Stop it Bill, I am not interested” but he continued.  Bill, bless his heart, never seems to take “no” for an answer.  He just figures it might mean “maybe.”

“Stop it!  Stop it!” I said. 

Not to be deterred, he also filled me in on all these people he knew personally our age in his own neighborhood, who had died in just the last 12 months.  I finally had to tell him that he was depressing me, to stop it!  So much for happy thoughts and birthday well-wishers huh?  So much for the snappy Hallmark Card with the inspirational saying and the cute cartoon.  I swear, right now, if I had a Helium balloon, I would suck on it.

I guess it is all relevant, your are just as young as ever, but lately it takes a lot more effort.  At your age, you are no longer warned to slow down by the Police, but rather, by your Doctor instead.  Some people grow up and spread cheer, then there are those of us, who just sorta grew up, and then spread!  Much like the biblical passage ... “All things must pass” ... I used to eat like a horse, now I look like one. 

Life is so unfair at times.

With age, you will also find that things eventually change.  I am now starting for the house after a night on the town about the time I started to go elsewhere when I was young.  Sign of the times I guess, now is the time we learn to watch our step.  We are doing that.  Except we are not stepping out that much anymore.

No longer having to worry about avoiding temptation, it avoids me, at least most of the time it does.  Lately I have more on my mind, than I have on my head.  As my wife and I are virtually the same age, she no longer fibs about hers, she lies about mine instead.

Are you really this old?  How did you reach this juncture in time?  How on earth did this happen?  (Why did I take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time?) 

Over a half a century old plus some change and still counting, this can not be possible, next year, as Clifford reminds ... Medicare!  AARP.  Time just sort of run by.  Small child, teenager, young adult, you know the rest, and here is the absolute best part .... You don’t have to ask yourself any more questions, you already most likely know the answers.

Have a great day!

BCO-CTA

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »

Thanks Guys! I blessed with good health, so I'll be around a while longer to give y'all some grief!  Wink

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »

Roll Eyes
Happy Birthday to you sir !! Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: