Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 05:44:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish I was home  (Read 787 times)
Jnbroadbent

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:37:18 AM »

Work has me gone for 3 months, only about 6 weeks left. I've been occasionally reading stuff here on the boards. But man do I wish I was making progress on the mc9.

Jon
1980 Mc9 w/ veg oil
8v71
Jacksonville Fl
mike802

1983 MCI MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:50:25 AM »

Man, I feel your pain!  Work has had me running around so much this summer that I have had very little time to work on the bus.  On top of that I have had several family functions that had to be attended which took up most of my free time.  I had the whole month of August set aside  for vacation, but that got canceled due to my job.  It's hard to get anything done when you can only grab an hour here and their.  I have got some stuff done, hopefully things will settle down soon.
Jnbroadbent

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:54:46 AM »

Yup, sounds familiar.

At least when I get home in october, it'll start cooling down and I can make some serious progress. Goal is to be semi done by the beginning of the year. At least livable!

Jon
1980 Mc9 w/ veg oil
8v71
Jacksonville Fl
Jnbroadbent

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:57:20 AM »

And just thinking back home its been raining non stop. I put a cover on it but all the humidity that will get to it makes me all  Undecided

Can't wait to start her up and take it around the block.

Jon
1980 Mc9 w/ veg oil
8v71
Jacksonville Fl
goutoe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 12:18:42 PM »

I have been waiting for this weekend for a long time nothing planned just work on the bus, replacing all three dump valves, chase down a bad ground on the left turn lights, and if time allows a little cabinet work, and an oil change before my next trip.

John & Linda 1977 AM General 6V92 turbo Detroit 3 Speed allison, 40 ft.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 08:23:50 AM »

Goutoe-you might consider this-On my '77 AMGeneral, the remote mounted oil filter was under the middle of the engine cradle. Great place if you're working over a pit-a pane even having the bus up on blocks (which I do when crawling underneath). While driving from Redding, Ca to Eureka, Ca on highway 299, the canister oil filter broke off. I got a mechanic from Eureka to come out and replace it with a spin on filter-but was still in that lousy location. Since it was a remote mounted filter, I decided to reposition it. The best way to get to the oil filter was to remove the radiator. Not a hard job-just need a floor jack to lower the radiator down and to raise it back up since it is heavy (did it myself). I removed the oil filter and had longer stainless aeroquip lines made to reposition the oil filter directly inside the right side transmission door. Now it is quite easy to get to. Also inside the transmission door is the auxiliary transmission cooler with thermostatically controlled electric fan.
Also changed the V730 canister oil filter (was always leaking) to a spin on. Now all filters are spin on and easy to get to. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
ol713

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »

Tom;
  I really like that drive on hwy 299. I have done it a couple
  of times and look forward to driving it again.. Also in a little
  town of big bar there was a secienic cruser with a tree on it.
  That was about 8 years ago. Have you been there since?
                             Merle.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: