Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 10:33:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fullriver AGM batteries  (Read 2573 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 11:05:52 AM »

Only things I don't care in a AGM battery is they are slow to power up compared to flooded batteries that instantly have full power then here the heat will kill one I have spoken with a LifeLine rep he had no answers for the heat but did agree they don't come to full power unless loaded.

The Fullriver is a China battery they are marketed under various names here it seems to be a good battery the marinas sell a lot of that battery make some under Fullriver brand and some under different brand names   

I will say LifeLine is not like most batteries manufactures if the price of lead drops they drop their price not many companies will do that you get 3 to 5 different prices sheets a year from Lifeline some good some not so good  lol then they have cut me some good deals for my personal use again not many will do that either

Life is short drink the good wine first
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »

I was concerned about the china mfg. when the rep reccomended them. He said they have never had a return on them. I guess I will be the test dummy!!LOL
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 08:41:16 AM »

My previous 2-8D Lifeline AGM lasted 7yrs with a 5yr warranty-can't ask for more then that. I don't quite understand what is meant by the batteries not powering up fast enough-I've started the bus on the AGM's when my starting batteries went south. I think you can't power up any faster then that. Good Luck, TomC
PS: Lifeline batteries are made right here in Irwindale, Ca

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 09:10:58 AM »

Try it Tom it will take a few seconds for a inverter to power up with any AGM battery flooded cells are there instantly they(AGM) can be on 12.9 volts load one in a few seconds it 13.2 or better why I don't know

We sell a lot of LifeLine people pay the price for a American hand made battery a lot more markup in the other AGM batteries compared to LifeLine  

Their solar brand batteries are cheaper same battery just you pay for 1 or 2 year warranty instead of for the 5 year warranty the, Lifeline it is a good company to deal with no questions ask for warranty

At the FMCA rallies they set up shop for warranty work pay a local outlet for their warranty work to install the batteries and credit him for sale are they a better battery who knows they have problems like all manufactures but the service is second to none they have replaced all my batteries in the bus several times even paid for the clean up on 1 occasion when one vented because of the nice warm weather here
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:23:47 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 10:37:32 AM »

I am wondering now if the lifeline batteries for $230.00 more made in us would be any better??
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »

Eric,I don't really care for their warranty some gotu's in it, Lifeline has no limit on cycles Fullriver does reading it it states 400 cycles@ 60% and 500@ 80% then if you center tap the bank like the MCI guys often do they won't cover that battery

I really could not tell you if they last or not David sells those  to a bunch of boat owners here the RV guys buy LifeLine but one thing you are not paying for a 5 year pro rated warranty for Lifeline (1 year free replacement)

The 2 year warranty on a Fullriver will pass in a hurry though I here from the boat people I only used the batteries for 2 seasons David tells them 2 seasons = 2 years

I recommended to Glen he give a China made AGM from another manufacture a try for the cost, it wasn't a good deal I think they lasted him a year  lol thinking about it Glen hasn't said much to me lately lol

It is a roll of the dice big guy only problem it will cost when one rolls crap a good dealer you trust and he is honestest is a asset make no mistake now a salesman that is a different story  

good luck
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:24:11 PM by luvrbus » Logged

muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 12:00:19 PM »

Yeah Cliff, been lurking here and watching you like a hawk. LOL. Gave those Chinese Batteries a try and don't think it was the New Inverter I put on A Magnum 2500 watt at the same time,  but they didn't last but a couple months. Still sitting in the barn. Power Battery Co.(SLF 12250's) . Talked to Josh that sold to me out of Clearlake Marine in Tx. and after a few calls, quit taking my call. 4 of the turds still sitting in the barn floor. Bout half price and worth the money, Ha! Saved a ton on that one. Put 2 flooded and have worked every since. Got room for 6 under coach and will order 4 AGM's from Tom when it cools off and mount them. As I already new, China built stuff sucks. Sorry Hung Low!
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 04:06:38 PM »

When the rep. came in he forgot to mention the China thing. Think I am going to call him in the morning and have him send the lifeline batteries instead.
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »

Eric, I don't know about all china batteries but what I got didn't last no time. They came low charged and I knew I had a problem right off the bat. I've got a good lawyer and if,and when I catch ole josh I will need him! The money didn't bother me it's just the attitude of this guy! Shipped them from South of Houston. I wouldn't recommend SLF 12250 8D batteries.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: