Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 27, 2014, 11:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bob ever finish his bus?  (Read 780 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:01:22 PM »

Maybe!  Today I pressure tested the cooling system.  One pin hole leak in my solder. Repaired.  All is good with that system.  Fan shroud built(check)  So there is hope.  Air to air inter-cooler pipe fittings on hand and test fitted(check).  I'm running out of reasons not to start this engine. Then on to wiring the Eaton 10spd Autoshift--I have the shift tower and diagram.  There is however 30 ft between them. That is for another adventure.  Best part when finished... it's mine--I did it--- all I need to do is keep it running and put fuel in it.     IT WILL Never be finished!! drive-able  soon I hope.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

"IT WILL Never be finished!! " OH So True! But the Eaton was my choice also. I can not wait to see it.Keep up the good work. It would be better if it was You, but WE must be afflicted.

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »

Hey Bob,

Sounds like your making some progress there!

Look forward to seeing your newest project in person.

Since everyone was going in a hundred different directions this Summer, I have been doing some major maintenance myself.  And enjoying it!

Hoping to be roadworthy in a few weeks.

"Will Bob ever finish his bus"  No doubt at all!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »

OF course you will!
No doubt in my mind you will finish it! (just not betting on when! Smiley )
Grin  BK  Grin
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 03:12:17 AM »

Nah.  It will never be finished.  The best you can hope for is to stop working on it for a while and just use it.  Why?  Because the kind of guy that would do what you have done will never stop thinking of things to upgrade, improve, just plain do differently and so you will always have the next project in mind...   Grin

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:22:07 AM »

Maybe!  Today I pressure tested the cooling system.  One pin hole leak in my solder. Repaired.  All is good with that system.  Fan shroud built(check)  So there is hope.  Air to air inter-cooler pipe fittings on hand and test fitted(check).  I'm running out of reasons not to start this engine. Then on to wiring the Eaton 10spd Autoshift--I have the shift tower and diagram.  There is however 30 ft between them. That is for another adventure.  Best part when finished... it's mine--I did it--- all I need to do is keep it running and put fuel in it.     IT WILL Never be finished!! drive-able  soon I hope.   Bob

I like the AutoShift - even the generation 1 version that I have.  Having enough gears for any hill makes driving fun.  Having enough power to pull the hills in the right gear is even better!  Keep going Bob - you'll get there soon enough.  For me the autoshift wiring was very easy.  Just make sure to terminate the end of the J1939 communications line with the proper resistor and use the proper shielded wiring for the J1939 run to the front computer.
dukegrad98

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 11:47:16 AM »

No doubt you'll finish the new one before your old one gets re-finished!!!

Cheers, John
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 04:46:50 PM »

People ask me "Are you finished".  I tell them "there are three 'finishes'!  One is when I have a bed, kitchen, bathroom and shower and it rolls down the road - that's 'Finished -#1'; second is when there's all the furniture in with carpet on the floors and shades in the windows - that's 'Finished - #2; third is when I die - that's 'Finished - #3'"!

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: