Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 03:11:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire pressure on Eagles Question  (Read 781 times)
Dreamscape

« on: December 03, 2006, 05:27:29 AM »

To All,

I read some previous posts regarding tire pressures. They seem to be directed toward other bus brands.

With the torsalastic suspension on the Eagle is there any differance regarding optimum pressure rating on the front, drivers and tag?

I'm moving to Abilene soon, so I would like to check all before the trip on the 21st.

What is your experience?

Paul

Dreamscape
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 05:38:34 AM »

I don't beleive the type of suspension makes any difference. What does make a difference is the amount of weight on each tire. Best bet is to have your coach weighed in "road ready" trim. (full fuel and water tanks, pantry and closets stocked, all passengers on board, etc.). Have it weighed on a ceretified scale such as a CAT scale at a truck stop. Their scale will weigh each axle separately. This will cost about 5-8 dollars. Take each axle weight and go to your tire manufacturers website. They should have a chart showing the correct air pressure to carry in your tires based on the weight the tires are supporting.  Hope this helps, Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 04:41:38 PM »

I have never met Jack Conrad but have read his posts for years on these boards. As usual he is dead on. That's exactly how it is done.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 04:57:09 PM »

Paul -

I have met both Jack and Joe, and agree totally with them.  What Jack has described is the correct method to properly inflate your tires.

Drive safe!

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Dreamscape

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »

Thanks Guys,

I will do as suggested.

Happy Trails,

Paul,

Dreamscape