Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 01:00:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Work Pit  (Read 4456 times)
Kenny

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »

Well after over a year, my work pit is finished. Kenny

1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »

A lot of good that does me way up there. Could you move it to California please.
Nice job. I want to build one that comes with a whole set of mechanics too and 1 lawn chair for me.LOL Roll Eyes Grin

Dave5Cs

pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »

Ditto what Dave said----EXCEPT  It would look better in Pennsylvania! Grin Cheesy

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »

Ditto what Dave and pabusnut said except can it be a mobile pit to follow us wherever we go?

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »

Hmmm...there's a tractor, shovels and plenty of buses here.  Maybe Ill start digging.

Nice Job Kenny. I'd love to have a pit.  I love the openess and access to the outside of the bus.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »

I agree with Dave! Unfortunately, you would need a permit for the steel, permit for the concrete, permit for the permit! Environmental impact study for the fairy shrimp somewhere nearby, a permit for that study! Then you will need to ensure all workers are properly documented and that you have a diverse workforce program or face stiff penalties for non-compliance. I do not see a reasonable restroom facility nearby so that is another violation and a permit to study the effects of human waste removal from the near by weeds will be required.  There will be permit to submit your plans and a fee for review of the plans and a fee for the opportunity to have the plans available for pick up!  

Finally, you will need to ensure you have some form of weed mitigation plan to reduce the chance of a weed fire (cause we all need weeds)Smiley. Obviously a state of the art fall protection program and training will be mandatory prior to your build out.  Now that you have completed and paid for all your permits, fees, plan check fees, training fees, mitigation fees, employee confirmation penalties and installed a reasonable human waste removal/capture system you are ready to build.

Be prepared for a whole new series of fees and permits once you begin building and ensure you have strong workers compensation policies in place and an OSHA approved safety officer on site 24/7.

Welcome my friend to CA!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:31:36 PM by grantgoold » Logged

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 09:57:47 PM »

Donde esta sarutcho aqe' my friend. step-up step-up next!......

Grant speaks the absolute truth, although you forgot the concrete waste removal fee and permit to dump cement products in the landfill fee while standing on 1 leg and swinging a dead chicken over your head Fee fee.
Is that Bus a commercial unit? Because there will be other fees if so appointed. Yep better leave it up there I can travel. LOL

Grant"Fairy Shrimp" Now I have to repaint a wall. I painted it with coffee through my nose when I read your post and these guys all think we are kiddin. Grin Grin Grin

Dave5Cs

CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 04:22:27 AM »

Good work Ken. Now, I have a question about the bus itself. Did your bus come with the cast spoke wheels as OEM in the rear or did you put a new axle on it at some point. What powertrain combo is your FLXIBLE?
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 05:02:21 AM »

Amazing job ! now all you need is to put a building over it to keep out the riff raff .   

dave

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
goutoe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 05:20:22 AM »

Nice pit Ken, I spent last weekend laying on my back under my bus replacing the dump valves, all the while thinking a pit would really be nice, good job>>>> John.

John & Linda 1977 AM General 6V92 turbo Detroit 3 Speed allison, 40 ft.
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 06:00:59 AM »

I don't know how to get the photo into the body of the post.

I have no idea how I would get along without my pit. Or my garage for that matter.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 06:04:03 AM »

I guess it worked. For those contemplating a pit I found with good insulation in the garage the pit actually moderates the temps and in the summer it never gets over 80 degrees and in the winter without heat on near zero days the garage has never gotten below 45.

The pit has air and electric.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 07:08:25 AM »

Since it is outside, there should be approx four foot fence around it to avoid having trespassers or young wanderers from inadvertently falling in and suing you into oblivion. BTW, my pit is inside with 3" thick oak planks covering it when not in use. Width to inside duals, air and electric. Anyone building one should ideally make it about 3 to 5 feet longer than coach to allow for steps.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 07:19:06 AM »

Awesome job, Kenny!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »

Dave,

You forgot the handicap restroom and separate facilities for female workers.  LOL

Don and Cary

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: