Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 02:26:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 60 series cooling piping ??  (Read 514 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2013, 12:13:46 PM »

I have engine out  of truck.  On top of oil cooler there are two 5/8 outlets--are these used for the water filter? or heater?.  2nd question.  I have a hot water supply for heater from water pump(pressure side) then where would be a good return place? there is a port to dump it back into suction side of pump.      suggestions welcome.  New territory here for me with this particular engine.   Bob
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:16:56 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »

Hi Bob,
I'll try to attach pic of mine. One of the outlets was actually the return from the defrost/front heat system and the other one has a block heater in it.
Don't know if it's the same as yours, but thought it was worth a try....
HTH...Tim

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:26:56 PM by Timkar » Logged

Cawston, British Columbia
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »

On my Series 60 there is some sort of feed or return from the interior heating system where the block heater would normally go.  I have not added a block heater for this reason although I rarely start the engine when it is cold enough for a block heater.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:53:49 PM »

I have a pipe out where Block heater is also. Not that in the end it will still be there. Heater return to basically bottom suction side of water pump. Last little details!!( in this area.)  Thanks.  Bob

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:50:45 AM »

Ok....what I came up with.  Take plug out of back of head for feed water(supply) then transfer pump thru heater then return to suction side of water pump.  I went and visited a local tour coach operator shop and talked to his mechanic.He said I prob would not get enough heat out of oil cooler connection for defroster and heat. I have the transfer pump that came with shell. Going to use  the fittings off oil cooler for water filter.  Just another hurdle when you change things from the normal.  Just plain busnuts!!!!!    Bob

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: