Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 01:43:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done to your bus this week?  (Read 4489 times)
treeplanter

the grey ghost,1971 GMC 5305A

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 11:31:36 PM »

I removed the old refrigerant tank when the bus had AC,removed the dry tank for cleaning,painting and to access the bolt holes to reinstall the huge propane tank,beginning to remove the old air dryer(thats what i think it is anyway)for replacement,replaced all exterior marker lights with LED's.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 04:03:12 PM »

Well, lets see....

Pulled the rear wheels on the passenger side and replaced both rear air bags(one was bad), replaced all air lines to the leveling valves, moved tee connection point from up in frame to near access panel in case I ever need to cap off one bag.  Decided to go ahead and replace leveling valve while I am in there. Should be here Friday.

Finally got around to pulling the entry door window.  Replaced metal lip on bottom that had rust damage.
Resealed, sanded and primed opening, several coats later and finish coat done.
Installed new Motion Window that I bought several years ago, fit perfect!

Now on to the drivers side, considerably more metal work to do. Saved several of the original window body frames for pieceing in repairs.  This will replace the last bit of corrosion since I started redoing the coach.
Maybe a good job for over Labor Day since I already have the welder, sander, sprayer, out and sitting over by the coach anyway.

Its still fun to me, so why not!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 05:35:08 PM »

Got the defroster unit out today; what a pain in the a@#! The ac coil has soldered lines, so had to unbolt it and raise it to get main case out. Rad shop looked at rad and advised best to replace core. I decided to replace front outside panel below windshield, since it  will be easier to install now. Since I will need to pull wiper motors, I may call Luke and get rebuild/ seal kits for them.
   Guess I'll need to contact Blyler Rivet for installation supplies.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
TheHollands!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »

Replaced my Air filter and fuel filters. Built 5 cabinet doors and installed them. Drove from Fort Collins, CO to Park City, UT.

The Hollands!
1984 MCI-9
www.tillersandtravelers.wordpress.com
Musical Nomads
somewhereinusa

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »

Took out all of the windows and resealed them. Note: Don't scrimp and try to use a cheap product here! Then installed new drip rail.

Dick
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »

What have I done to my bus this week?

I plugged in my 24v trickle charger for the starting batteries.  Not that they were dead, I just do it once a month to make sure they stay up.  I had a green light this morning and disconnected it.

No excitement here.  My bus is ready to roll at any time.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 02:51:27 AM »

Hi Guy's,

I replaced my start batts this week. I had good luck with the Deka 8D's, they lasted 7 1/2 years...

I was contemplating replacing with AGM's but, 7 1/2 yrs serves me well.  I can only hope the new

Deka's might last that long.... Maybe not, but worth the shot anyway!

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 10:02:52 AM »

It's 100 degrees and humid as hell here in Missouri. Stayed in the Ac

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013, 10:54:48 AM »

It's 100 degrees and humid as hell here in Missouri. Stayed in the Ac

Was that GM Ac..... Grin
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 11:45:35 AM »

I put 650 miles on it and filled the tank for the next 800 miles.

These are to drive, right?

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2013, 01:24:14 PM »

Yeah Jon, unless you have an older one. Had mine in Prevost Houston for  service (oil change/anti freeze). They showed me a wheel seal leaking. Didn't have in stock. Going back next week or the week after for all to be replaced. Ain't gonna do just one. Mine just turned over 60,000 miles. Sat to long and everything rubber is getting replaced. At this rate on my 91 XL it will have everything new underneath. Hee Yaw!
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 04:34:55 AM »

Glen,

I was going to mention on PC that if a wheel seal is not leaking, don't fix it. Over a 23 year period on my coaches I have probably replaced a total of 4 or 5 wheel seals. I have been lucky because none I replaced leaked again. But on my current coach one was leaking prior to picking it up so Liberty replaced it. It was leaking by the time I went the 800 miles to the house so it had to be replaced again. I know of several owners who had seals replaced and then they had to replace the replacements.

Jon

Knoxville, TN
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2013, 04:57:48 AM »

Yeah Didn't know that Jon. Well we will see when they schedule a time for work. I figure sitting with no oil splash for years would dry um out. Thanks
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »

Hub seals are some type of plastic material that is bonded to an inner and outer race. They rotate relative to one another. I am assuming the gear oil lubes them. When installed there are no forces on them and the relationship between the two is always constant. Sitting for a long period should have no effect on them. Running with low differential fluid would be my greatest concern, not only for the seals, but the wheel bearings.

Jon

Knoxville, TN
siberyd

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2013, 12:01:16 PM »

Absolutely nothing, weather not a problem. Lack of money, coming back to work after a 6 week furlough.

Siberyd

1964 White/Carpenter 35' RE 3208 Husky Camp
1957 PD 4104-2240 Converted Siberyd

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg498/26R13/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: