Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 02:41:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done to your bus this week?  (Read 4590 times)
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 12:55:18 PM »

Sealed more wood, cleaned, mounted new curtains that wife made/is finishing today; just finished mounting 3 small solar panels(150 watt total) to keep fridge up during tourist stops on trip, I then changed paint color on frnt of bus....mama did not like the look of the "faux leather bra"  Grin
I drilled tapped some screw holes on back bumper for amber strobes(LaTortuga isn't the fastest vehicle on secondary roads in the mnts)

Am now getting ready to paint back bumper...due to no masking of said bumper a year ago...which I totally blame on beer....been along 3 days

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »

Getting ready to go to Newport RI In a few weeks. Had both defroster motors out since spring and finally got around to cleaning and re lubing them, just postponing having to send them to be rebuilt. Replaced the 2 rubber hoses going to the defroster core and put it all back together. Today I decided to take the bed apart, the PO had put big long shims to raise the head.....which is great.....but it was up almost 6" so us and the blankets would end up sliding off the bottom of the bed by morning. I took the whole thing apart and cut the shims down to about 1.5".....much better!!

Bruce

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
Miss Scarlett

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »

Me...nothing, but my wife finished up the curtains and some awesome window panel covers that block heat and cold pretty well. When we were working on the bus in winter we found that cutting some 3/4" pink foam board to insert into the frame of the remaining windows allowed us to heat the bus much better. So lately my wife took the foam panels and covered them with padding and material to match the curtains. Even added a couple of nice looking buttons. We leave the ones in the bedroom in all the time as they look nice and keep it dark for sleeping. The 4 front ones will be left in or taken out depending on our mood or the trip.

Miss Scarlett is an Eagle 10 with a 6v92 and Allison 740
UPDATE: finished enough to use!!!- exterior will remain original.
-Dan
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2013, 07:16:16 PM »

Got the rest of our new MCD double/ Solar roller blinds installed. Cut and stained and installed 3/4 of the oak valances for them.

Dave5Cs

uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2013, 11:32:32 PM »

On our 77 MCI8 I replaced all 4 headlights, VERY bright now. I fixed the air horns. I'm currently reworking the generator's cooling system and connecting to main breaker panel.  Hopefully new a.c. system will be installed in a couple of months.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2013, 07:03:53 AM »

We finally are finishing our ceiling. After two and a half years of full timing, we are no longer staring at a rough plywood ceiling. Special thanks to Sean and Angie and the kids for their help...even at insane hours of the night :-/. And thanks Sean for giving me the fantastic fans for free. You rock and I'll use them lots this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2013, 08:24:21 AM »

Scott,  what is that paneling?  That makes for a pretty cool ceiling.

We repainted the roof on the 4107 and installed the new flat panel tv in it.  Outside looks like new again and no more hole where the old tv was.

Don and Cary

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 08:54:09 AM »

Brake light were not working.  Put in a missing fuse!

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
somewhereinusa

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

Scott,  what is that paneling?  That makes for a pretty cool ceiling.

I'll second that.

Dick
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »

I got my new-to-me injectors from Luvrbus all laid out on my bench and when the rain stops I will go out and see about pulling the old ones out and installing these.  I also picked up my new Magnum 4024 inverter and am reading the instruction manual.  The manual for the inverter is a piece of cake, the manual for the remote control is going to take a little work...  Last week I picked up a new US Battery 230 ah 6v battery to replace the one that froze last winter and didn't recover.  The other three came back to life pretty good.  On thursday I am going to Truro to register it and get a new Nova Scotia plate for it.  I really want to take at least a week this fall and actually drive it for a bit!

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 10:45:35 AM »

Brian, you got some work ahead of you  Undecided 

I got the ceiling panels from Bontragers. They are actually backsplashes but they had a whole pile of them and I knew they could work for ceiling panels. Love them. They had the lines marked (the diamonds) in brown sharpie marker so Angie and Heather and the girls used rubbing alcohol to remove the lines. Major work...they are saints for doing it. Sean suggested I countersink the holes for the screws so I did and we will putty them and paint over. Very cool. Need to trim around the fantastic fan, and as you can see the two small sections around the fan haven't been painted yet, but we're almost done..looks amazing.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: