Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 09:35:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your home style refrigerator from moving ?  (Read 1551 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »

Julie must have figured that one out! Just kidding Cliff>> Might haft to borrow that one! Good idea!   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »

I installed some stick-on child proofing latches to keep my fridge closed.  I read the horror stories about drilling into fridges and destroying them so I didn't want to drill or screw into the fridge.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »

Julie must have figured that one out! Just kidding Cliff>> Might haft to borrow that one! Good idea!   Bob

Bob,

NO, she didn't!   Tongue

But she did imply I better solve it before the next trip..... Wink  We were still in the Velcro stage..

I am going to get a Tee blank and redo with only the holes I need, thinking about dipping it in Plasticote.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
somewhereinusa

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 05:28:29 AM »

Here is a few pictures of the catch.

It is just a Tee bracket that was bent, and the end rounded, works perfect.

Use the existing door hinge bolts( for reversing door).

Cliff

Cliff,
That's pretty much what I was thinking of, and will go on the list of things to do. "when all of the REALLY important things are done" . Looooong list. I'm told that a working shower is on the top of the REALLY important stuff. Grin
Unfortunately there is something I have to do, before something I have to do,before something I have to do, before I do that.  Grin Grin Grin
Rick 74 MC-8

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 06:01:11 AM »

Real quick mine is built into a cabinet. But I did notice over the weekend the door is starting to sag. we do tend to load the door. I would advise watch those hinges. I think I'll be building a support bracket to the bottom  hinge

Rick

About 20 Miles West Of Chicago
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 06:08:56 AM »

We use plenty of l brackets. Never had an issue and I've made some hard stops. 26 cubic foot Samsung fridge.  Also use child latches to latch the doors. Work perfect and can be toggled on or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 08:48:34 AM »

we use 2 ratchet straps to the wall and with wine corks split in half long ways in the jams to keep from bending the hinges and doors....not elegant  Roll Eyes but only takes a minute to get into fridge and when parked they are undone, also have a 2x4 bolted to floor and the wall (3/4 up fridge) to space fridge away from wall (a different approach will be dealt with this winter after camping season)

I like those child latches!

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: