Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 04:44:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Tire  (Read 3169 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »

Sitting at TJ Propane in Weston Ohio on our way to Cleveland with a flat tire -

Called coach net and someone is on their way. All we really needed was a jack.  I was so close to buying one at NAPA two days ago but figured I'd wait and get it cheaper somewhere else.

Fortunately we just came from Martin Diesel and had our generator completely serviced.  So we have the genny running the 2 new roof airs and we are sitting comfortably in the 90 degree sunshine.

Just a heads up for those following along on our adventure.  It usually takes a few days to hit the website and Bus Nuts get the news fresh off the press!

As far as Coach-Net -  They had good service, answered quickly, asked all the right questions.  Told us it would be about an hour unless it was less then 20 minutes or more than an hour in which they would call us back.

As soon as Coach Net had a service person confirmed they called us right back and told us 90 minutes as they were 60 miles away.

They just pulled up....gotta go!

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »

I'm thinking that after you watch a pro tire man waltz thru that you'll probably not want to buy that jack.... Grin
Roadside service is money well spent.
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »

I'm thinking that after you watch a pro tire man waltz thru that you'll probably not want to buy that jack.... Grin
Roadside service is money well spent.

Definitely -  less than an hour and we are back on the road.

SOME TIPS FOR ANYONE NEW TO THIS -
Next time you air your tires - don't forget to check the spare!

This guy was all pro - Great Service

JOHNS TRUCK & REPAIR
800-866-6172

They run 24/7 and service anywhere within a few hundred miles of Defiance and Bryan Ohio.

Thanks Coach-Net!

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
baker4106

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 04:25:40 PM »

Watchout, Coachnet will not service a coach over 40 years old.
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »

Good to hear you had a good experience with your road side assist.

These posts help folks when they are deciding on an insurer.

For the second time in 17 plus years, I used my Good Sam a few months ago. This time it was one of my pickups that lost the fuel filter.
I did not have time to deal with it and just called the dealer (Chevy). They did not have a tow truck nor a courtesy vehicle!
I called the Jeep dealer (same owner) and they sent a courtesy van immediately to get me to my destination, then picked me up and transported me to a rental car at the airport. They went and towed my truck immediately after I hung up and had the diagnosis when my appointment was over.

I did not call Good Sam until a few days later. They sent me a claim form which I got around to filling out two months later because I was in California. They paid the entire claim with no hassles.

These two experiences are the basis of my recommendations when asked.

I get Motorhome and FMCA Magazines and am appalled at the stories I read about roadside assist programs that deny claims. Most of them seem to pay after the national magazines get involved.

There are reasons why we stay with good Companies all of our lives!

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 04:56:59 PM »

Watchout, Coachnet will not service a coach over 40 years old.

This has been brought up many times and the answer it it does not apply to the RV the assistance plan is purchased for.  It does apply to other cars and trucks owned by the purchaser that are over 40 years old.

This could have changed in the past year or two.  I tried to contact Coach-Net customer service to ask, but they are closed for the day already.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »

I never heard that before Coach-Net had no problems towing a 53 year old coach to me to work on more than once it's only been a couple of months ago they set a low boy after Chris's GM in Montana that bus is a lot older than 40 years

I did expect some changes when Jerry sold Coach-Net but so far nothing has changed expect the price on some programs we have had it since the late 80's never been a problem but neither was AAA RV Plus for us 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:23:43 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 09:34:21 PM »

Sitting at TJ Propane in Weston Ohio on our way to Cleveland with a flat tire

Sean -

And you were thinking about removing the spare tire as a means of reducing the weight on the front axle?

Me thinks you're rethinking that now, eh?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 12:48:10 AM »

Sean - I gather Paul took good care of you?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 01:00:22 PM »

Sean -

And you were thinking about removing the spare tire as a means of reducing the weight on the front axle?

Me thinks you're rethinking that now, eh?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

Seriously -  that is a crazy idea!  Did I actually say that?  Hush my mouth.

Sean - I gather Paul took good care of you?

Yes!  Very personable but he is all business.  He knows his generators well.  Paul did a great job and hopefully other than changing oil and filters, I won't have any issues for a few years to come

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
baker4106

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »

If you have an old bus you better check with Coach Net.   I had two members in Great Lakes Converted Coaches tell me two weeks ago that they no longer serve old coaches and FMCA no longer uses them.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »

What is old Sean's Eagle is 30 years old ,Coach Net opted out of FMCA not FMCA from Coach-Net, The FMCA wanted Coach-Net exclusive for their members at a discount with a FMCA paid member ship Jerry didn't let that happen and it PO FMCA  

Coach-Net is just another good program that has parted ways with the greedy FMCA over the years  Coach-Net offers more with their membership that FMCA does now with more benefits coming like with the GCR tire shops where you will have a choice of tires not only the overpriced Michelins offered by FMCA 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:17:30 PM by luvrbus » Logged

usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »

Jerry didn't let that happen

Who is Jerry?

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 06:18:12 PM »

It's Jerry Aldridge of Lake Havasu he is a contractor which owns Landen Corp he formed Coach-Net in 1987 he sold Coach-Net to some national auto club a few years back but is on their board nice guy I have known him for 15 + years

good luck

baker4106

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 04:22:34 PM »

So they will still insure my 52 year old coach?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: