Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 10:16:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Button busting  (Read 2223 times)
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:58:51 AM »

Red Rider,(AKA Mike) is busting his buttons after this week end. On a lark (I think) he entered his 4106 in a local car show during our county fair in the heavy category. Came away with best in category (innovation) and Peoples choice. So now he has two trophies in the den as a reward for a LOT of effort.>>>Dan
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:45:42 PM by Utahclaimjumper » Logged

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:18:39 AM »

Way to go Mike. Congratulations!

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »

I suppose he will have them sitting on his dash at Quartzsite.   Grin   I would!

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »

In retrospect, I wasn't too surprised to see the Peoples Choice award, you can walk up to a $200K custom car and really love it, but you can't  touch it or get into it. Mikes coach was open to viewing, so folks could walk thru, oooh & aaah, and imagine doing something like that without breaking the bank.. Another way to promote the sport.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »

Congrats to Mike!  People love buses!

Any pictures of The Winner?

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »

The Red Ryder Daisy B-B gun over head was the show stopper huh Mickey who could resit a Red Ryder B-B gun Roll Eyes watch it Sean asks for pictures you know what Matt or Doyle will post oops to late Doyle all ready did it next comes Matt  

Pay close attention to the Eagles on the glass I have no idea what Mike is trying to say could it be I wish it was a Eagle lol we all like our Mikey he is a great guy
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:32:56 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »

Any pictures of The Winner?

Here's one Grin Grin Grin

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
TexasBorderDude

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 10:43:10 AM »

Pay close attention to the Eagles on the glass I have no idea what Mike is trying to say could it be I wish it was a Eagle lol we all like our Mikey he is a great guy

Full disclosure:
a.)That's my bus reflected in Mike's right side windows.
b.)Yes he is a great guy!

Red Rider
God put me here to accomplish certain things--- I'm so far behind I'll never die.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 06:36:22 PM »

Thanks everybody for the kind words. Saddleup must be working or he would have his favorite pic of my 06 on the lowboy. I had no idea that Doyle had that in his camera. He'd give Matt a run for his money. We have been able to do a tremendous amount of work on "red" since it's extended stay at Cliffords so in case nobody understands it doesn't look like that anymore.

Ed: sorry about not being on the dash. I've started a trophy case in my "Bus Barn". Wife won't allow bus stuff in the house.

Mike AKA; Red Rider 4106-1885
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 03:45:05 AM »

Mike, just happen  to see this before i left for work, congrats on your win, i been a fan of your bus since i first saw it in ST George.
Iam seconding the Mikes a great guy thing,with a sense of humor i see if i can find the stuck in the sand pic,lol

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 04:48:11 AM »

Atta Boy Mike! Congrates on the win!! Thanks to Dan for posting this! Hope all is gin well up there by you. Maybe we will see you in Nov for the second annual NRG at the lake?

All the best!

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 05:02:28 AM »

I liked his bus more before he painted the siding I think the paint took away from the looks of it JMO
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:17:48 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 06:03:04 AM »

Hmmmmm.........it appears that there are going to be several car shows going on around this area this weekend.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 06:16:45 AM »

LOL you guys are a little late to the dance the BCM years back had awards at their conventions I believe Doyle (Texas Border  Dude) has the last award presented by BCM of best of the class

Red Rider
God put me here to accomplish certain things--- I'm so far behind I'll never die.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »

Hey Clifford, Doyle played with the Big Boys with his Eagle. I've been cheating  with roadsters and coupes. They don't have TV's, Kitchens or smoke detectors.

Van: please post the dates for Nov.

Matt: Do you really have a pic of my "off roading bus" ?

Mike AKA; Red Rider 4106-1885
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: