Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 09:32:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: genrator question  (Read 925 times)
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »

I was told today by Wrico that my I needed to make sure that my generator has the neutral bonded to ground.  What is the best way to do this?
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 04:11:20 PM »

The easiest way is to look for the connection between the generator chassis and the neutral wire.  If you can't see one, use a DVM set on tone to check for continuity between neutral and ground.  What kind of generator is it?

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 04:15:41 PM »

Made by wrico.
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »

The easiest way is to look for the connection between the generator chassis and the neutral wire.  If you can't see one, use a DVM set on tone to check for continuity between neutral and ground.  What kind of generator is it?

Brian

So as long as there is a connection between neutral of the generator head and the generator chassis then is that neutral-ground bonding?
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »

So as long as there is a connection between neutral of the generator head and the generator chassis then is that neutral-ground bonding?

NO.

This subject has been discussed to death in the past.  You need to use the search function and come back when you can ask a question that hasn't already been asked and answered 100 times.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »

NO.

This subject has been discussed to death in the past.  You need to use the search function and come back when you can ask a question that hasn't already been asked and answered 100 times.

Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question, but since I was directing this at bevans6 then anything other than a positive response is not welcomed.  what you don't know is that i have done the serch and the results have not really answered my question, so hence I am asking again.
lvbob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »

hoorah uemjg

1981 Eagle 10/15 series 60 740 auto
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: