Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 09:19:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: genrator question  (Read 800 times)
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »

I was told today by Wrico that my I needed to make sure that my generator has the neutral bonded to ground.  What is the best way to do this?
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 04:11:20 PM »

The easiest way is to look for the connection between the generator chassis and the neutral wire.  If you can't see one, use a DVM set on tone to check for continuity between neutral and ground.  What kind of generator is it?

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 04:15:41 PM »

Made by wrico.
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »

The easiest way is to look for the connection between the generator chassis and the neutral wire.  If you can't see one, use a DVM set on tone to check for continuity between neutral and ground.  What kind of generator is it?

Brian

So as long as there is a connection between neutral of the generator head and the generator chassis then is that neutral-ground bonding?
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »

So as long as there is a connection between neutral of the generator head and the generator chassis then is that neutral-ground bonding?

NO.

This subject has been discussed to death in the past.  You need to use the search function and come back when you can ask a question that hasn't already been asked and answered 100 times.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
uemjg
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »

NO.

This subject has been discussed to death in the past.  You need to use the search function and come back when you can ask a question that hasn't already been asked and answered 100 times.

Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question, but since I was directing this at bevans6 then anything other than a positive response is not welcomed.  what you don't know is that i have done the serch and the results have not really answered my question, so hence I am asking again.
lvbob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »

hoorah uemjg

1981 Eagle 10/15 series 60 740 auto
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: