Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 10:45:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Headhunter Royal Flush Toilet Clogged... Ideas?  (Read 1054 times)
Pixelhead

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:34:28 AM »

​I have a 1997 Liberty Prevost conversion. My wife attempted to flush a tampon in the toilet (she knows not to, but we've been away from the bus and she's gotten used to "normal" toilets, so she did it without thinking) and it just didn't finish the job of flushing. The water just kept raising and I ended up turning off the water pump to prevent it from overflowing. ​

After doing that, we've tried to use a plunger (which Liberty told us to do the one other time it wouldn't flush). This was a mega plunger like you've never seen (ergonomic grips, amazing seal system, central red thingie to help push crap down, etc.). That didn't change a thing. Whenever we attempt to flush, we never get to the point of hearing the normal stream of water pushing things along and instead mainly notice the water level in the bowl raising. Once it gets near the rim, we shut down the water pump and then use a bucket to bail the water down to a managable level and then try again.

Any ideas on what we should try next?

If it was Monday, I'd just call Troy at Liberty and he'd tell me what to do. But, alas, it's Sunday and we're parked in a ghetto RV park where we'd rather drive somewhere instead of using the bathrooms here.

-Ben​

P.S.: If you want to see just how far toilet plunger technology has advanced, check out the plunger we used:

http://www.amazon.com/Roto-Rooter-RRWP01-Instant-Plunger/dp/B00919TXRM​
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 03:03:31 AM »

Are you friggen seriouse a tampon? have the wife reach her skinny little arm down till she can pull it out..
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:48:03 AM by saddleup » Logged

Box Elder,S.D.  Battle Mountain,NV

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 03:55:00 AM »

Step two is get an old fashioned plumbing snake and work it out.  Those things are death on regular toilets too, if she does that in a hotel she might be paying the plumbers bill.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
paul102a3

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 05:51:30 AM »

You might try the expanding bulb style of pipe flusher. We have the same toilet and the PO of our coach had one on the coach. He gave very specific and somewhat graphic reasons for needing it which was a little uncomfortable.

It is about the size of a hot dog and attaches to to garden hose. Water fills and expands the bulb so it is sealed and the remaining water forces the blockage down the pipe.

I have not needed it for the coach but have used the larger size to flush a kitchen sink drain.

2001 Prevost XL II
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 06:10:50 AM »

Home Depot carries co2 powered plunger. Worth a try.
Don & Sheila
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 08:42:42 AM »

Another ugly thought.  What happens when it gets to the holding tank and sticks in the valve?Huh

Don and Cary

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »

Remove the 4 bolts and disconnect the water line take it outside and remove it LOL no way would I call Liberty with that problem

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 03:33:16 PM »

Hope you don't have a maserator on the drain side because it will break the impeller off.
I am with Clifford, take it off and out and re-install.

Dave5Cs

Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 04:40:14 PM »

LOL
Hope your wife doesn't read your post mine would kill me if Iposted the reason for the clog . I'm with Cliff not that hard to take out. 

You got big ones LOL
JOHN

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 04:44:40 PM »

Pull the shi**er.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 03:52:40 AM »

This brings me to another thought. My wife and I are full timers so we've learnt early on to be very careful with what goes down the toilet. We also eat fairly healthy so yeah..... But our guests.....oh man. I'll never forget emptying the tank using a sewer solution with a clear bayonet and watching as a used (I mean USED) tampon swirled around in the bayonet connection for what seemed like an eternity before finally flowing down the 1 inch hose to the sewer. I can't ever remember feeling such a weird mix of strong emotions in my life. Something like total grossed out mixed with totally freaked out mixed with totally scared (hoping it wouldn't clog) mixed with frustration.... Suffice it to say that I spare no efforts in informing our guests what to and what NOT to flush down our toilet. And another time....well let's just say apparently some peeps don't just have buns of steel, they also have... Well ....  yeah, go ahead and enjoy that mental picture....and keep a box of ex-lax handy. Also, we have our favorite brands of toilet paper (don't pay the extra $$$ for rv toilet paper, it's a sham) but before we used any household toilet paper we gave it the clear water bottle test: insert a couple of squares of dry toilet paper into clear empty water bottle. Add water half way up. Shake bottle gently. If squares are still squares floating around in there, we don't use it (toilet paper fail) if the squares broke up into a milky cloudy slush, we know it's safe to use. Full timed for 2 and a half years now and nary a problem with the exception of the two aforementioned horror stories Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: