Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 11:48:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Bus build book  (Read 1764 times)
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 09:03:16 AM »

Im redoing a coach, and it's a mess with both 12 and 24 volt system, and none of the wiring is marked

I thought I disconnected all the 24v wiring when you had your bus over here.  Everything should be 12v, you just have a lot of left-over relays that aren't doing anything.  You need to get 4 batteries in the left side battery compartment (I recommend 4 6v golf carts hooked for 12v to run your house system).  Corroded wiring in the driver's area is a matter of rewiring.  Everything should be 12v.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »

I thought I disconnected all the 24v wiring when you had your bus over here.  Everything should be 12v, you just have a lot of left-over relays that aren't doing anything.  You need to get 4 batteries in the left side battery compartment (I recommend 4 6v golf carts hooked for 12v to run your house system).  Corroded wiring in the driver's area is a matter of rewiring.  Everything should be 12v.

--Geoff

Yes Geoff you did, and now I want to remove all the 24 volt wiring and relays that aren't being used. I want to have the genset charge the batteries when it's running. I am thinking on just rewiring a new house battery system, but not removing the old wiring untill I see if my wiring works  Roll Eyes

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 06:35:19 PM »

PM me an address and I will send you a book about RV wiring that I read and no longer use.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: