Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 03:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank venting  (Read 2766 times)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 08:24:58 AM »

At least with the black tank, you should vent to the roof. Some vent through the floor-thing is when you flush, the stinky air in the tank is displaced out the vent. If the wind is just right, will fumigate the outside folks. Roof vent is the best. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Don4107

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »

Current bus has roof vent and three fantastic fans that do a fantastic job of sucking in odor.  Only way we can use them to ventilate is blowing out with windows open to allow air in. Can't leave one open without running the fan.

Roof vent is about equal distance from the three fans and sure to drift odor to one.  If I was doing it now I would run the vent as near the rear of roof as possible or even out the back side of the rear cap.  I am considering putting a elbow on the vent and running it to the rear to get away from the fans.

It is really annoying that I can't even crack open the ceiling vents when the bus is not in use to ventilate.

Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »

What Sean said up a few posts ^ we also vented our black tank through the floor of the luggage bay. Never ever have had odors in the coach while driving or parked and never smell them when outside and parked. Works perfectly. Highly recommended. As Sean mentioned, you'll get tons of fruit/poo flies making eggs in your black tank unless you screen the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »

Does anyone know how the high end converters get away with tank venting without any holes in the roof?

Dave the answer might help both of us.

Grant

Hi Grant,

I have worked on many entertainer coaches, Hemphill, Florida Coach, & Star City, and they all vent their
tanks from a fitting at the top of the tank that turns down and vents directly through the floor of the bay.
It will also act as an overflow. Lol...
And by the way, the entertainer coaches stink too when the tanks are not flushed..

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 05:57:20 PM »

I must be living right. I have not had any smell come in my fantastic fans from my three roof vents.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 06:01:02 PM »

Another way to vent is automatic vents installed at each sink of shower. "also known as AAV's"
I have one installed in my kitchen sink of my coach.

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/autovent.html

Here is an example.
Nick-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:04:36 PM by Nick Badame Refrig/ACC » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
viento1

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »

I vented my tanks through the floor near the rear axle ( I hate holes in the roof). I had some issues earlier on but it ended up being a toilet vent that was sucking poo smells into the coach while driving. New head and we are poo free. The other benefit is when the tank is full it just runs out the vent. Disgusting but better than filling your shower tray Smiley

In the trouble shooting era I installed a little buddy or a tank buddy or an anti poo smell fan. I cant remember the name but it runs inline with the vent and pulls just enough to prevent possitive pressure in the tank.

I also opted for the single grey, black tank system. I can bypass the grey water when I am staying at relatives. Otherwise it all ends up in the same place anyway and the system is cheaper and less hassles.

Ok, it's time to go on another road trip.
www.randalclark.com
MC5
abprevost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »

Has anyone tried this?

http://drainmaster.com/site/products/mini-view4
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »

Welcome
I don't have any experience using this type of vent but looks like it would work well. When it comes to how you vent your tanks there is a lot of differing opinions here. I for one made mine go out the roof. I didn't see any problem with putting HOLES through the roof. I think each person has there own right to how they do it but I for one believe the vent should go up just like in any house built in this country. I haven't personally seen any sewage vents in building construction coming out low. All I have seen is out the roof or near the roof.

My Way
John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
mcidave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »

I tied the large tanks and the shower into one large bent that exits the roof and it also works great..I have each sink independently vented at the source with a shorty type local vent, this set up worked for me very well.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 09:07:18 AM »

I was able to run mine up to the refer vent, one less hole in the roof.

If you ever to go rallys where they use a honey wagon to suck out your tanks, you will be grateful for a large (at least 1-1/2") vent.  Without it, they will empty the traps and perhaps even collapse the tank.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: