Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 03:04:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find original MSRP for 98 Prevost  (Read 924 times)
artc25

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »

I'm looking to purchase a 1998 Prevost conversation and need an original sales price to estimate vehicle registration fees. How can I find a good source for msrp?
Thanks
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »

What state do you want to register in, and is it the same state it was previously registered in? Someone here likely knows the details for that state.

Not knowing the original price of a used vehicle is a very common situation, so I doubt the state can actually force you to come up with it on older vehicles, even if that is what they ask for. You DO know how much you paid for it, of course, and odds are they CAN deal with it, even if that's not their first choice.
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 03:52:22 AM »

For a converted coach the true source of the MSRP is the converter. If the converter is our of business you can try to get that from a dealer that handled the original sale.

If the price of the shell will be sufficient you can try to get that from Prevost, but they are unlikely to provide any information unless you can prove you own the coach. The price of the shell is not what the coach cost when sold to the first owner. To make your dilemma a little greater you need to know how it is titled. I had two previous coaches that were titled and subsequently licensed as Prevost coaches. The current coach is titled and licensed as a Liberty so if I had to provide MSRP documents I could probably show the Prevost shell prices for the first 2 coaches, but would need the MSRP from Liberty for the current one.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 04:04:35 AM »

Register in AZ they don't ask the silly questions a 1998 Prevost rv will cost you less than a 100 bucks for 5 years 

Life is short drink the good wine first
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 05:01:10 AM »

What state? Maybe one of us can help you thru the BS.  A seated coach of that vintage ... $450-----  A conversion $750 to  $1.5 depending on converter and options.  Just a gestimate.  You can get fleet pricing etc there is no set sticker price. More info like last letter in your serial # and last 4 numbers (unit Number).  Your best bet is just to share your location. I like in Indiana. It cost me $50.00 a year for everything because it is more than 10 yrs old. plates , reg and  property tax(everything). Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 05:32:02 AM »

Bought my 91 XL Le Mirage for $57,000 a few years back and paid sales tax on that amount. Here in Texas cost me $586 a year for tags.  On title, coach is listed at 42.000 lbs. Weighed in Houston a while back and it came in at 38,000 lbs wet. Gonna see what it drops when I renew with new weight slip. I was fortunate that I purchased my coach off original owner and had everything Prevost and converter installed on coach in box. I would not tell them original price cause you might have to pay sales tax on what ever you paid for it. MY coaches original purchase price was $435,000. I would have hated to pay 8.5% on that. Good luck.
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 10:07:37 AM »

..... MY coaches original purchase price was $435,000. I would have hated to pay 8.5% on that. Good luck.

They'd cut you some slack, Texas sales tax is only 6.5% on vehicles Grin

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 04:34:54 PM »

Annual tags are 80 some bucks here in Pa.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »

artc25, what state are you in?

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: