Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 07:01:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aircompresser  (Read 397 times)
Nineforever
Nineforever

100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2013, 09:42:42 PM »

Hello board members does any one have the model # and make of Air Compresser on a 1993 102c w/8v92ta and 1981 MC9 w/8v71n
Thanks
Dave

Hyway 3 100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:50:40 PM »

Dave,

Could be a couple of models that fit.  I would assume there are a few Bendix models that would fit.  Do you have a compressor now that you are replacing?

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Nineforever
Nineforever

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 09:58:59 PM »

Yes but there still in the bus and working but passing oil time to replace , able to order threw MCI but they will not give you after market part #   if i order threw MCI there approx 1100.00 less 600.00 core problem is to ship back the core to MCI from Yellowknife is at my exspence and it would be real costly .
Thanks for replys
Dave

Hyway 3 100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 10:08:27 PM »

See if you can get the model number off the one in the Bus.  I did that and then cross referenced it through Bendix and found the replacement.  I also found later that there are better updated versions that would have fit and worked better but I kept looking for the same exact model. 

My compressor had a part number stamped into the top as well as a red plate on the side of it.  Was not hard to cross reference once I got those numbers.  This is off a 1984 eagle with a silver 6v-92.   One of the more experienced mechs on the board can probably tell you what models will work in the MCI.  Give them a day or two and they will help you out.

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:34:42 AM »

They are not hard to find MCI takes a a 75 degree tilt 700 or 750 cfm compressor here is a Haldex number 289915X any supplier can cross it over if Bendix is your choice same compressor will work on both engines and they are treat to replace on a MCI  Huh

good luck
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 02:55:08 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 04:43:37 AM »

As said it's a Tu-flo 700 or 750 with a Detroit flange, 75 degree tilt.  OEM was Bendix, if you get a Bendix rebuilt unit the MCI price is about exactly what I paid two years ago.  You are going to have to send in the core to get a price in the $500 range.  I got mine from a local truck parts store, it was remanufactured by Bendix, which I highly recommend.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Nineforever
Nineforever

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 05:03:11 AM »

Thanks