Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 01:37:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: brake valve and light switch PD4106  (Read 351 times)
agetme

Ignore
« on: September 25, 2013, 02:55:04 PM »

Does anyone know the part # of the brake air valve in front of the rear axle that turns on brake light when you step on brake? It allows power to go to brake lights thru the brake light switch near the valve.

Need the valve.  Could use a brake light switch also for future in case. Also anyone know where I can get one?

When I step on brake the brake SW does not complete the circuit. When I jump the switch the brake lights do come on. Also, no pressure release from the bottom of the valve when I let off the brake thru the black rubber relief on the bottom of the valve. So I assume it is not functioning correctly.

PD4106 1964 GMC

Tom Hamilton
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »

Tom,

That valve is the relay valve for the rear brake chambers. The original part number is 2390014. It was a Bendix R5, which, afaik, is no longer available. That number has been superseded with 2097615, which is a Bendix R12. Chances are your relay valve has been replaced at least once and may already have an R12 installed.  If this valve is not functioning correctly, then your rear brakes are not working, obviously not a good thing.

The relay valve does not turn on the brake light switch. The switch is tee'd into the service port of the relay valve and sees the signal pressure from the brake application valve when you step on the brake treadle. Most likely your switch is bad. That original GM part # is 2243944.

Call Luke at US Coach. He'll be able to fix you up with good advice and the part(s) you need. 856-767-4848.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: