Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 11:21:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade work?  (Read 1274 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:57:35 AM »

I am wondering if along with a parts swap section and an emergency help section, if we might want to look into a section that provides options for barter or work trade.

For example, I have polished my 9 and learned alot doing it. I was told it would be about $3500 to $5000 to have it done in Mexico. So, if I want to trade out my ability to polish a bus, not to mention the tools and such, I would like to get someone with cabinet making skills or AC installation skills to work a trade. 

This could also apply to electrical, painting, mechanical.......... Grin

What to you think Huh

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »

At one time Fred Hobe indicated he had someone that would polish the stainless for $300. I do not know if he still offers that or not. Here is his home page.

http://users.cwnet.com/~thall/index.htm

Richard

I am wondering if along with a parts swap section and an emergency help section, if we might want to look into a section that provides options for barter or work trade.

For example, I have polished my 9 and learned alot doing it. I was told it would be about $3500 to $5000 to have it done in Mexico. So, if I want to trade out my ability to polish a bus, not to mention the tools and such, I would like to get someone with cabinet making skills or AC installation skills to work a trade. 

This could also apply to electrical, painting, mechanical.......... Grin

What to you think Huh

Grant

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Foolsgold

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 10:14:42 AM »

Cabinet making skills huh?  Hmm too bad my bus is almost at the completion stage!

FG
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 11:25:56 AM »

I know that Fred suggested $300.00 but I think that must have been for a door or two. Wink I cannot imagine a whole bus for that money. I spent more in supplies!!!  I kept pretty good records and it took me about 60 hours to complete the job. Not including polishing the mirrors.

The bigger picture is to see how many folks with certain skills would be willing to have trade work done. I know there are a lot of talented people in this group.

Line up!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 12:10:40 PM »

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=195.0

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 05:35:51 PM »

Be careful with bartering.

I tried that in the past and someone is not always happy with the trade and you might lose a good friend.

Just my thoughts.

Paul

Dreamscape
JerryH

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 06:48:10 PM »

I whole heartedly agree with "becareful with bartering" LABOR.  It's not quite so tangible as a part for a part.
There's always the chance that one of two won't be happy with the barter arrangement ... "after the fact."

Jerry H.

Be careful with bartering.

I tried that in the past and someone is not always happy with the trade and you might lose a good friend.

Just my thoughts.

Paul

Dreamscape
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 07:54:57 AM »

Grant ...I got my Prevost polish in mexico for $200 dollars (6 mexicans 2 days) They did a great job.
Ron
Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 04:56:39 PM »

Who supplied the materials?

What materials were used to polish?

Where in Mexico?

How has it lasted?

Paul

Dreamscape
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 07:38:37 PM »

Polish for 200 Huh Huh Huh. I would suggest strongly that anyone and everyone who needs to have their stainless polished and can get to Mexico go!!!!

That is a super deal if you suggest the job was done well. I find it hard to believe. I spent more than that on polish materials.

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: