Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 05:26:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neoplan Jetliner, any first hand experience with one?  (Read 551 times)
coachconverter

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2013, 08:33:19 AM »

I have someone comsidering the 32' jetliner for a MH conversion. Besides the obvious curved ceiling to deal with and having to reframe for RV style windows....  Has anyone here converted or worked on one?

I've never seen one so im not sure what hes getting us into :-)

Thanks

Todd
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »

Sean and Louise had a Spaceliner that although it had a Detroit Diesel and Allison transmission, the chassis and suspension parts are German made. If anything breaks or wears out, many times it is weeks and $$$$ to get the part state side.
Now if the bus has all US made suspension parts (including the brakes and air brake systems), the structure and wiring usually are not much of a problem. Try to stay with US built vehicles for ease of maintenance. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 09:08:23 AM »

A plumbing contractor here has one a nice conversion his is 33ft long with a 6v92TA and a 740 Allision windshields were very hard to find his was a 2 piece took us a year to find those and were they 4500.00 for the set and it has a weird radiator setup if it goes bad he going to refab his setup other than that it drives nice and looks goods   

Life is short drink the good wine first
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 06:06:23 PM »

Yes i saw the windshield and was immediately concerned about that. I get my MCI windshields for $225 straight from Guardian.  $4500 is scary, as this one has one cracked already.

Thanks for the headsup. I believe these were built in the Lamar Colorado plant, but ill check on that this week.

Thanks

Todd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: