Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 11:38:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a mouse...  (Read 2488 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »

Scott,

Wifey and I split a lobster roll tonight.  If there ever was a cruel way to kill something it would be boiling it to death.  Hot scalding water and they flap for about 20-30 seconds screaming the whole time but dang are they tasty.  Too bad mice ain't tasty Wink

I honestly am not looking forward to creatures co-habitating the bus with us.  We already had a run-in with Vinny. I'm hoping if we keep the wheels rolling we lessen the chances of hitch-hikers.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
VoM

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »

As for the comments on animal cruelty, I noticed that you've posted 5 times here. 4 of those were in my thread. Apparently you've never seen a mouse survive a snap trap. It's ugly. I'll do it my way.

How many posts I have doesn't make my points on cruelty any less so. I haven't because their necks are broken clean, that's what they're designed to do. And a glue trap isn't ugly? How did you dispose of the mouse? That's where the concern of cruelty really comes from, the way someone deals with a live animal that's already trapped. It suffers a lot on those things, so that's why I hope you euthanise it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:36:55 PM by VoM » Logged
VoM

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »

Scott,

Wifey and I split a lobster roll tonight.  If there ever was a cruel way to kill something it would be boiling it to death.  Hot scalding water and they flap for about 20-30 seconds screaming the whole time but dang are they tasty.  Too bad mice ain't tasty Wink

Lobsters don't "scream", they can't because they don't have vocal cords. And the proper way now is to put them into the freezer first before boiling them, or a thrust to the brain with a really sharp knife.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 08:22:13 PM »

So we've had traps out for actually three nights now and nothing. I've literally placed them everywhere. So I think we're alone again. I've gone over every inch of the coach and sealed up every hole I could find. I'm hoping we're golden. Sean, Vinny? Haha. Nice. Like I told your wifey in a recent text message while you were in Hong Kong, we never had roach issues in our coach while in FL. Now Texas may be a different story. Florida brought ant problems. Tons of teeny weeny (hardly visible with the naked eye) sweet ants. Bombed the coach and got rid them. Worked for us. My extensive research on electronic repellents say that they don't work long term as the rodents in lab tests eventually grew accustomed to the frequencies and just stuck around instead of being repelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
VoM

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »

Good. I hope they don't get caught on those awful glue traps. You still didn't answer my question - how do you deal with a live animal on those traps?
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 04:13:42 AM »

Wow all of this from killing a mouse who cares even the cats torment the little suckers before going for the kill.

The disease carrying, destructive little creatures don't seem to mind what they cost the human race 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:24:33 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 05:13:47 AM »

I don't owe you any information on how I deal with the rodents.  As I said earlier, this is a bus forum. We discuss buses and their issues. Your fondness for animals is commendable, but out of the 5 or 7 total posts you've posted on this forum, all but one were in my thread being a maverick for humane mice treatment. I think more bus talk in this thread would be more appropriate. The "off topic" thread would be appropriate for you to raise animal cruelty issues. At that point, you could make your case. And then I would feel free to give you some not-so-pleasant details on what I think about how much money worldwide goes into protecting animals, and animal psychology, and rescue programs and animal spas.....and yet I've traveled all over the world from Cuba to Russia, to the Republic of Georgia, to Honduras and back and my mind will never ever be able to erase the memories of the thousands of refugee and orphan and disabled kids I worked with who were going hungry, were abused, had no medical care for even basic issues like ear infections and pinkeye, and yet who wore a smile on their face not even the Devil himself could take away. I value human life far far above animals. I never intentionally cause animals pain and love them just as much as the next guy (people who actually know me and met me will tell you that) but don't expect this boy to be a maverick for animal rights as long as I see human beings suffering at the cruelty of other human beings. But you? Go for it. In the "off topic" forum. Or around the campfire at a bus rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Clumsy fingers may contribute to mistakes.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
VoM

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »

Don't turn it into an issue about humans being more important, because it's not about that. The thread is a mouse thread, and as such the issue of disposal is completely relevant. Turning it into an "animals vs humans" thing is just dodging the point, it's not like one can't care about both so it's really moot. I actually agree that humans are more important, but that's besides the point.

I never intentionally cause animals pain and love them just as much as the next guy
Yet you use a glue trap...

A trap that is arguably the most barbaric animal trap in the world...

A trap that is banned in many countries, and is so controversial...

Need I go on? This will be my last post in this thread, since you're so keen on dodging the issue on disposal of such animals in a thread where it's actually relevant. Fine. I'll create an off-topic thread.

And luvrbus, don't expect mice to have a similar thought process to humans. They don't know any better, they are only trying to survive after all. It's not like they methodically plan to chew into your stuff. It's not a reason to ignore cruelty though, and it's certainly not a reason to inflict pointless cruelty (because unlike wild animals, humans know a lot better).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:00:00 AM by VoM » Logged
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 06:09:19 AM »

I don't care how they die as long they die me I am not the Pied Piper of Hamlen

Life is short drink the good wine first
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 06:33:15 AM »

Hi Folks,

I think this thread has go on long enough.

Since there are opinions looking both ways that are causing tension, I am locking it down.

Thanks and Have a great day!
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: