Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 01:53:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lights for toad-  (Read 719 times)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2006, 04:03:07 PM »

Hmmm......My bus has seperate tail, stop, and turn signal fixtures. I want to use a fixture on my toad that just uses a single bulb like a 1157 configuration for the tail/stop/turn signal. How do I make that transition? thanks

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 04:28:36 PM »

You can buy an adapter at anyplace that sells hitch hardware, even Walmart I think.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 05:08:30 PM »

I originally had my car (MB Turbodiesel) wired for lights, but with the diodes, adaptors and such, never was able to get it working correctly.  So I bought two sets of magnetic LED lights.  I used a 5 prong plug and wired the lights myself.  It takes all of about 5 minutes to set it up.  Now my car lights duplicate the bus lights and if I have to tow anything else, have the lights ready to go.  And of course they work right since I did all the work myself (or it always seems to be that way when someone else tries to do the work for you).  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 06:01:24 AM »

http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/MC9_WIP/Electrical/Tail_Light_Converter/tail_light_converter.htm

email or call if you have questions.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:23:57 AM »

You can buy an adapter at anyplace that sells hitch hardware, even Walmart I think.

Len

Sorry Chuck, I didn't pay attention to the "MC8".  Since you need to convert 24v to 12v as well as separate stop/turn to combined stop/turn, Gumpy's relay system is the way to go.

If you had a 12v coach, the adapter would be all you needed.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: