Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 09:44:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working on my bus  (Read 1790 times)
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 10:34:24 AM »

LOL times have changed Mikey it was always 7.48 gals per cubic ft to me also and I don't even have the book Roll Eyes 

Yeah, my old brain got it switched with stoichiometry or something.  I edited it.  Duhh, I guess Dah Gummint's Death Panels will be coming for me soon ...

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
shelled

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »

re places to buy in Elkhart,  Technomadia.com has detailed blog posting on their successful experience with some surplus dealers there recently.

Also, some sell on ebay.  Look up the item(s) you want and the listing will tell you where they are located under the ships from bit.  I purchased some items from ebay sellers in the Elkhart area a few years ago, don't recall names now.

edward

Rampside/UltraVan/Excalibur/4104/4107/etc -- Dallas Tx
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 06:56:40 AM »

Thanks I found the names of some surplus place by doing a search here. Now yesterday I checked my black and grey tank a little closer where it was dribbling last year. I scraped and wire brushed and 6" pieces fell total into the tank(its metal) so much for having it welded  Grin  I now have a new problem. A few days ago while working on the bus And trying to get the satellite dish to work( it didn't work so I moved onto something else) The batteries ran dead because at some point the dish started trying to find a satellite and continued spinning until the batteries went dead. I have charged them both up but now the engine won't even try and start. When I turn the 2 switches on in the rear to start it I still hear the click and when I turn the prime switch on it still runs, but when I hit the start button, nothing not even a click? Any ideas? Could there be a reset somewhere? I had the batteries replaced on the way home from buying it last July. I tried to have the tire shop jump it with there jumper, but it didn't work. after some calls to some of you , it was suggested the starter was bad. So I called a local guy that rebuilt starters. He checked it out, and said the starter was good and said one of the batteries was bad, so I replaced them both. The guy installed them and the bus didn't start then he went to the battery compartment and did something and it started right up. I'm wondering if there is something you guys would have heard of that could be causing this?  One other thing that happened the day before the batteries went dead(not sure if this could be a clue) was the engine was running and when I turned the switch to turn it off it kept running then started running rough and died. It started and turned on and off several times after it so I moved on to what I was working on. Sorry about this babbling, but I wanted to try and tell you everything incase some of this mattered.

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: