Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 04:13:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: midwest tank source  (Read 1119 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2013, 03:04:33 PM »

60  gal $80 black  $95 white     105 gal   $125 black  $ 185 white  225 gal $200 black   $300 white  all come with two fittings.  These are sturdy tanks made about 4 miles from my house roto formed.  Just sharing a source.   South Western Indiana.   Sometimes we find the best source in or own back yard.  they will put fittings where you want the size you want 1/2 to 3 inch  also avail with 2 inch sight glass.  I have nothing to gain $$$$ by this info.... Any interest???    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:23:37 PM »

I will bite!  Do you have a website we can go to to see exact prices for various sizes.....?

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
pete36330

my mc9 ,,gonna finish it one day ,,

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »

post more info..I need 3 tanks ,fresh,black,grey,,  thanks .Pete
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »

Here is the scoop the white tank does not have FDA certificate.  Same plastic. as one that does. They are not looking to the Mass Rv market.  Make 5 sizes.  60 gal is 48 by 21-1/2 by 14 high  105 is 48 by 48 X 10.5 H  225gal is 90 L x 33 W X 20 H.  WWW.tuff-jon.com      800 843 9286    If those sizes would work in your plans the tanks are really tuff construction.  the other two sizes are 300 gal and 440 gal  both to big for our bays.   Bob   PS  I could pick up and hold for you until you were passing thru or someone else.. basic I-64  and Hwy 41 SW Indiana
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:02:09 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 05:05:03 PM »

I posted this for info awhile back . got my tanks from them. They said they sold some. BCM contacted me. Will visit them soon and encourage them to advertise. Don't think the volume is there for a mom and pop operation for advertising.  The best I can do is keep my subscription up and support BCM.. as always.  Size is limited for us to the two sizes.  Their main RV market is the park model large holding tanks where they have to have them pumped out..  Moderator  if this is to much please delete....

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 08:21:47 AM »

If you do order a black tank, order it with using standard white plastic. They usually make black tanks with carbon black mixed in so you can't see the poo inside. I ordered mine with white plastic so I can see into it. Then you just put a light above (halogen puck light works well) and when the light is on you can see the level of the liquid. Don't need nor do I use any kind of electric gauge on my tanks-visual is always best. That's why on boats they use site glasses on water and fuel. Can't really use a site glass on the black tank-it will get plugged up eventually. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »

Bump: for harleyman.  This is close by and good product. See their sizes and see if there is someway you may use them or google ploy tanks in your area.   Bob

Lostranger
Sophia

Gillig Low Floor

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 06:51:53 AM »

The 105 gallon model looks like an excellent solution for my waste tank. I've sent an inquiry about current pricing for a white one. Also asked for a shipping quote. I have to go to Elkhart soon, and swinging by Evansville on the return would not be a big deal. Thanks for posting this.

If I go that route, I need to rethink fresh tank(s), but they are easier to accommodate.

Jim

Jim Huskins
Marion, NC
1999 Gillig H2000LF
Yes Virginia,
You CAN convert a low floor.
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »

60  gal $80 black  $95 white     105 gal   $125 black  $ 185 white  225 gal $200 black   $300 white  all come with two fittings.  These are sturdy tanks made about 4 miles from my house roto formed.  Just sharing a source.   South Western Indiana.   Sometimes we find the best source in or own back yard.  they will put fittings where you want the size you want 1/2 to 3 inch  also avail with 2 inch sight glass.  I have nothing to gain $$$$ by this info.... Any interest???    Bob

Can I put a connecting pipe between these 2 tanks without worry of it leaking? The reason I'm asking is I will need to put these on their sides to fit in my available space, and I'm afraid that the grey tank will over flow. What I was thinking I could do was put a 3 inch pvc pipe going up over and back down from one tank to the other, and also connect my vent pipe also into the overflow pipe. Any thoughts?

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

If you have the thickest heaviest-duty spin-weld threaded fittings put into your tanks, and if you use MPT connections into them, they won't leak.   Remember that one foot of water has a static pressure of only about half a PSI.

Vents for the fresh, gray and poo tanks need to be different, because they serve very different purposes.   The fresh vent can be small because it only needs to allow air in to displace water used from it, or when filling the tank  -  a 1/2" or 3/4" should be fine.   The gray vent must however allow sufficient air into the tank when dumping through a 3" dump line, so 2" or bigger would be good.   The poo tank vent not only has to let air in when dumping through its 3" line, but it should also allow the movement of air into the tank to encourage the aerobic bacteria to do their thing there to help reduce smells.   FYI, my gray and poo tanks each have two 2" vents:  one connects between the two tanks, the second gray vent goes down towards the road surface with a venturi-whatsit on the end so air is pulled out of it as I drive, and the second poo vent goes up to a West Marine louvered hose vent with the louvers facing forward so as I drive it pushes air into the tanks.   This way air can always circulate through both tanks, and when driving the smelly air is being sucked out at road level so it won't be drawn back inside the bus through open windows.   So far, so good!

I've also put in a cheapo bilge pump to move excess gray water into the poo tank, and this will help dump the poo tank because I can fill it to the top before dumping.   If you have space, try to make your poo tank as tall as possible, then it will flow with more force when dumping  -  low flat poo tanks that most S&S RVs have are inevitably going to cause problems when dumping.

See, once again we are showing our obsession with matters excremental.   Is this anal-retentiveness, or what?

John   

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: