Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 03:44:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov 15, 16,17th weekend get away  (Read 1798 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »

Greetings all! It is that time of the year for us once again to hit the road (actually only 2 miles for us  Grin) and head for our favorite "Stay-cation" location at the Lake Mead RV Village http://lakemeadrvvillage.com/ , if you folks are in the area, we would love to have you come spend the weekend with us Wink . Taking into account the current events, Gov't shut down of the National Parks we will hope that all will be resolved before then. There is currently 2 other Busnuts ( Matt and Carolee (Saddle up), and Tom and Tamie (LVMCI) that will be there to join us (hopefully)  Smiley All are welcome as usual so come on by!

Smiley Van & Cheryl Smiley 

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
bcaddel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 02:01:17 PM »

I have been hoping you would be doing the "Dam Rally" again this year. We missed last year but plan to make it out this year for sure. Are there any site numbers reserved for the rally that we need to ask for when making reservations. I think we will probably drive out next week and check it out and probably make our reservations.

We have only taken one trip in the bus this year and look forward to firing her up again, even if it will only be a 20 mile drive. Hopefully it will at least warm the oil up enough to let the old engine know we're thinking about her. Looking forward to sitting around and getting to know some fellow bus nuts.

Bob & Pearl

Bob Caddel, Las Vegas Nevada
1971 MC7, 8V71, Allison MT654
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:55:44 PM »

Hi All, just called lake mead rv park, Sat. 4pm pst, 702-293-2540, no one answered, gonna call during week, its part of the govt shut down, last year Van got us the spaces at the fence line facing the lake shore, the center of the park, you can see it on the website map, Bob it will be great to meet you, if you know any other busnuts in So Nv, please invite them! Lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »

That's great Bob, we are lookin forward to meeting y'all also Smiley Matt and Carolee will make it for sure as per the PM he sent me. Matt you can park next to us... regardless of the type oil you use  Grin Grin Tom and I won't beat ya up too bad over it Shocked Grin
  And because of the Gov't Roll Eyes shut down I'll keep and eye peeled for an alternate location to gather Wink

B_K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »

Quote from: Van
  And because of the Gov't Roll Eyes shut down I'll keep and eye peeled for an alternate location to gather Wink

If the govt. os still shut down it should be free camping right?  Shocked
Grin  BK  Grin
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 02:53:02 PM »

That won't be a problem with the DC bunch everything will be up and running and we will be another trillion in debt by then

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
bcaddel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »

You might be giving the DC bunch a little more credit than they deserve, but I sure hope they can get our Parks back open.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:43:57 PM by bcaddel » Logged

lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 08:24:16 AM »

Hi All, at the next DAM RALLEY, look forward to a little (& I do mean little just a couple miles away) jaunt to that dam bridge, the mountain top to mountain top newest edifce and monument to engineering, where we can walk out about a thousand feet above the mighty colorado and look down on one of the wonders of the world. A short jaunt in the other direction we can go to the coffee cup diner, featured on the Discovery Channels diners show, where we can still get peanutbutter pancakes! Or the biggest attraction, sitting around the campfire overlooking the volcanic mountains and blue lake, as Billy Van relates one of his many life stories as a spy for the cia and M5, I especially like the one where he had to fix James Bonds Aston Martin when he crahed it coming down the mountains of Lake Tahoe, with only the ruffels from his tuxedo to fix the car! See you all here, lvmci...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:41:49 AM by lvmci » Logged

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »

Embarrassed Yup it's all true folks! Only the names were changed to protect the innocent  Roll Eyes  Grin
 Tom I have been collecting fire wood since the last gathering, hoping for the opportunity to set it ablaze  Grin I heard yesterday that if we show up with a few hundred motorcyclists waving flags in protest that they would grant us entry  Grin lol!

B_K

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »

Embarrassed Yup it's all true folks! Only the names were changed to protect the innocent  Roll Eyes  Grin
 Tom I have been collecting fire wood since the last gathering, hoping for the opportunity to set it ablaze  Grin I heard yesterday that if we show up with a few hundred motorcyclists waving flags in protest that they would grant us entry  Grin lol!

No need for that Van just invite some old VETS an they'll move the barricades and let themselves in!
Grin  BK  Grin
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 09:07:01 PM »

Hi All, we had boats trailerd down the strip last night to protest the lakes being shut, I heard one guy cast into the Bellagio lake and hooked a.showgirl, or was it a hooker showed up, well it was one of those! Lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 04:44:34 AM »

Hi All, we had boats trailerd down the strip last night to protest the lakes being shut, I heard one guy cast into the Bellagio lake and hooked a.showgirl, or was it a hooker showed up, well it was one of those! Lvmci...

Shocked  Grin Musta liked the worm she saw for bait!
Grin  BK  Grin

Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 07:54:42 AM »

Looks like the parks are open! we'll see yall there! Smiley

bcaddel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 04:56:49 PM »

Van
We're sure are happy to hear the parks are back in business. Four weeks now and counting, any idea on how many bus's might show up? The weather sure has been great here in Vegas, sure hope it maintains for a while. We have only lived in Vegas a couple of years now so we're not quite used to this great fall weather.

I am guessing all that firewood you saved up just might be put to good use while sharing some of those CIA spy stories  Roll Eyes
Bob

Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 05:39:26 PM »

Hi Bob, including your coach there will be 4. Matt (SaddleUp)and Carolee, Tom (LVMCI)and Tami, Yourself and the better half, and yours truly Grin
 Matt will most likely lead in some late comers as he slowly starts his annual migration south  Grin We hope others will come on by and join us.
  The weather sure is great right now and I have been busy working on getting our bus back together before the gathering. We are hoping that Clifford will feel good enough to make an appearance along with some of the Phoenix contingent  Grin
  I just spent an hour atop my ladder today in search of this years tall tales for around the campfire. This years story comes from deep in the Himalaya's, where I solved the age old mystery of what oil to run in a two stroke  Grin. Any and all are invited around the camp fire.
 There is no registration, no rally fee's. there is the Park entrance fee and space rental ( see link at the beginning of this thread). Here's hoping that many of you will show up and spend the weekend with us.

Van and Cheryl   

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: