Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 21, 2018, 08:36:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A year ago today......  (Read 1904 times)
LowTide

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »

We were on our way back to Arizona from Maryland where we purchased our coach and met some wonderful new friends, Tom and Phyllis........ today we arrived at Myrtle beach State campground for a couple of days after a wonderful time on the outer banks a few days prior. If you haven't visited these places, we highly recommend it!

I just had to share this as my better half and I were sitting out back talking about our trip and the bus, so I thought I would share that special moment.....can't wait to get back that way again Wink

On another note, we starting our facelift for the coach as the weather is cooler and I can get more done. I started in the bedroom this past weekend, I will be sure to post images of our progress as we move along....... I think that may need to be posted in another section on this board.

Make it a great day!
Mike

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"
"Just Misbehavein' "

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"   Oh so true. Glad you got to see the east coast. If you get back out this way stop off in Delaware.                                 .    It sure is better doing the bulk of the work in the shoulder months, not too cold, not too hot. Share those pictures.

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3, 102d3 and NABI series 50 transit. Busnut x4
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »

Mike, and I had a new friend for year now, also isn't the weather great here now btw I am out of crab cakes  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:45:02 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"   Oh so true. Glad you got to see the east coast. If you get back out this way stop off in Delaware.                                 .    It sure is better doing the bulk of the work in the shoulder months, not too cold, not too hot. Share those pictures.

We went to Delaware to get the crab cakes, I think we were in Lewis. My Family is from Delaware, but I got to see it when I was a small child....spent summers with my pop-pop raking for clams in the bay and doing allot of crabbing too Wink

Will be sure to share the images, thanks for the reply!

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"Just Misbehavein' "

LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »

Mike, and I had a new friend for year now also isn't the weather great here now

Yep, this weather is the best right now.....friends, no doubt Wink

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"Just Misbehavein' "

oldmansax

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 06:35:52 AM »

"And a good time was had by all!"

We really enjoyed Mike & Lori's visit and are VERY glad our old baby became their new baby. I still look at the pictures of our old bus & look at my new one & think "Did we make the right choice?" I know we did but that MCI is still a looker! AND I think Mike is going to make her look even better!

btw I am out of crab cakes  Roll Eyes     

Clifford, you need a 12 step program! Crabcake-aholics or something  LOL!!  Grin Grin  I just got a bushel of crabs from one of my customers & we ate what we wanted & my son picked out the rest for crab cakes. He's eating them right away though because he says frozen ones "are worthless". I think he's turned into a "crab cake snob" like most of the other folks that live around here & get fresh cakes all the time.   Wink  Didn't I read somewhere you own some restaurants? Maybe I can set up an export business here to supply you with surplus frozen cakes. Then you can eat all you want..... for a nominal fee!!!!   Grin Grin

TOM
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 07:45:48 AM »

Raking clams....when I was a kid back in the 50-60's, we went down to Indian river inlet and stayed in a small campground by the bridge. We traveled in a 1946 Chevy school bus converted into a house car. Family of seven. Anyway..., we went out into the bay to rake clams all the time. Had an inner tube with burlap bag over it to carry clams back. Still remember the clink of the rake when we would hit a clam. Small clams eaten steamed and dipped in melted butter. Large ones went into clam chowder. Yummm!!! Several years later I took our daughters to a commercial farm at the Outer Banks to rake clams. They fondly remember it to this day, and all three still like eating clams.

GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: