Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 11:03:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: starter was turnig real slow and now just clicks  (Read 6253 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »

Yea it did but he is traveling and we don't want him and family to go hungry lol

Life is short drink the good wine first
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2013, 03:59:35 PM »

I can run anything I want on my bus with a 20amp plug-only one at a time. Since my only propane is the stove and furnace, heating the water, making coffee, etc has to be done carefully. After the batteries are up, I can run one roof A/C all day long (that's all I need when parked). Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2013, 04:13:15 PM »

The real question at this point is how long can you run on the 36 oz porterhouse from the best steak house in America?  That would last my family probably three days...   Roll Eyes  We can order steak a whole lot better than we can eat it these days.  And the problem is ordering an 8oz steak and getting it cooked right - hard to do.  We now order or buy a nice 12 - 16 oz steak and split it.  Steak is very important to bus owners, isn't it?  We should have a thread about best  portable grills or something   Grin.  I favor a ceramic kettle grill (like a Big Green Egg) for when I want to really grill a nice steak.  I fire it with hard wood charcoal and hard maple wood...   Grin  But too heavy for portable use...

How is that for thread drift?   Cool  The starter is fixed, lets talk about food!  Ha!

Brian
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:16:24 PM by bevans6 » Logged

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »

You did good Brian  Roll Eyes

Life is short drink the good wine first
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2013, 04:57:05 PM »

Clifford, I am taking a set of 8 N65 injectors plus a complete set of non-jake bridge pipes with me tomorrow so I can ship them to you as cores for the set of N75's  you shipped to me.  They worked great, and far less smoke.  I will be shipping them out of Detroit.  Unless you have no use for a set of used N-65's, in which case I will save them for the next guy who needs a helping hand.

Brian

Vintage race cars -
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »

The real question at this point is how long can you run on the 36 oz porterhouse from the best steak house in America?  That would last my family probably three days...   Roll Eyes  We can order steak a whole lot better than we can eat it these days.  And the problem is ordering an 8oz steak and getting it cooked right - hard to do.  We now order or buy a nice 12 - 16 oz steak and split it.  Steak is very important to bus owners, isn't it?  We should have a thread about best  portable grills or something   Grin.  I favor a ceramic kettle grill (like a Big Green Egg) for when I want to really grill a nice steak.  I fire it with hard wood charcoal and hard maple wood...   Grin  But too heavy for portable use...

How is that for thread drift?   Cool  The starter is fixed, lets talk about food!  Ha!

Brian

I didnít hook my A/C units or my hot water heater through my inverter. Iím considering hooking my hot water heater through it though. When Iím hooked to 20 amp power my inverter does a good job of load shearing until the water heater kicks in and the inverter canít see that load. Thatís when I have to go looking for the shore breaker panel. I was hooked to my garage in Montana when I kicked the breaker out. The panel of course was in the garage and the only way in was though the garage door that was plugged into the same circuit the bus was plugged into. Needless to say I need to get a new window now LOL. I do not like the steak talk here. I am in the Dominican right now and I will tell you the food is not the same as back home. Welcome to my 28 days of sobriety. LOL
Letís keep drifting LOL
John
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:25:27 PM by Jriddle » Logged

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2013, 05:43:20 PM »

Glad Dave's  got his bus up and running, Hows this for a drift.

I've got 91 All Electric Prevost and can't afford steaks out.  Bus eats everything I have up. Have a big gen set though, Start her up ( since Justin Griffith/Tayor tx. got heating problem solved) ) and don't worry about amp service.

PS.
Have all my own steaks walking around out here.
Dlsnow
dave

dave

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »

Wait up on those injectors -

I am currently running C60's although I think I want to get this but out to Clifford before I go buying new injectors all willie nillie.

Wanted to say thanks again - we made it to Tucson with only one more issue.  While cresting a hill the engine shutoff (overtemp). 

I found water/antifreeze pouring from the bottom of the enginebay.  and found a blue hose about 1" OD line coming from the back of the air compressor to a large pipe running from the front along the floor of the enginebay.

It was frayed from rubbing on a piece of metal probably for years and finally started leaking.

I was able to cleanup the hose and use radiatorhose tape (heavyduty high temp ducttape) and seal it back up.  It held for the rest of the drive.  I think I will start a new post about that issue.

Thanks again - Back to food - Tex/Mex food in elpaso was awesome.  I dont speak spanish so it was fun ordering - I just picked three things off the menu at random.  It was all good.

1972 MCI7 8v71 converted - 1kw solar on roof
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »

Well, in a week or so Clifford will have a set of  8 N65's some are stuck and I didn't get them loosened up (didn't have a handy way to pump solvent through them).  I also sent him a complete set of non-Jake fuel pipes and stands.  Maybe they will get used some day...

Brian

Vintage race cars -
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2013, 03:06:30 PM »

... It was frayed from rubbing on a piece of metal probably for years and finally started leaking.    I was able to cleanup the hose and use radiatorhose tape (heavyduty high temp ducttape) and seal it back up. ...

One thing that has gotten a few people home is that if you have enough length and the leak is near an end (they often are), you can cut the end with the leaking area off and then re-seat it.  Some people have splice tube kits (a tube with O/D the same size and the inside diameter of the hose, plus hose clamps) and they often work.  Also, what works sometimes is wrapping with the radiator hose tape and then hose clamps on the outside to help secure it all.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2013, 10:24:49 AM »

If you're having overheating with C60 injectors, it'll only get worse with N65 since it will be more fuel to the engine. Get you're cooling system in shape first. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Dlsnow
dave

dave

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »

The overheat was due to a coolant leak.  It doesn't overheat since I went through the cooling system and sealed every nook and cranny, replaced thermostats and replaced flushed/filled the whole system.

I don't know if I will switch out the injectors as these c60's get me where I need to.

Are there any benefits to switching injectors other than more power?

1972 MCI7 8v71 converted - 1kw solar on roof
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »

You also get to use more fuel, and make black smoke    Shocked

Brian

Vintage race cars -
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR